Announcers about Bills (Wannsteds D) - "They Just Line Up"

This post hits the nail on the head.

If you're not going to make adjustments, then why does he even attend the game.

The purpose of a coach is to devise a game plan on around the resources that you have. Not for us to sit here talking about how great a coach he would be if his front 4 was good.

Hey,,, I warned you. right out of the gate when he was hired as an assistant HC last season. Wanny is a total fraud. Aint doing nothing without Jimmy looking over his shoulder and bailing his ass out.

You are correct. I fell for the Wannstedt hiring. For me Wannstedt and the defense is the biggest dissapointment this year BY FAR. I just cant believe how incompetent he is. I do remember some people saying he wasn't cracked up as advertised. Now I realize why he wasn't coaching in the NFL at the time when we hired him. Wannstedt is an analog player in the digital world!

The problem is that he isn't doing anything. He's the most passive D co-ordinator in the NFL.

There's probably 100 guys on this board who could do exactly what he's done this year.

No disguises, no overloads, no deception, no efforts whatsoever to make opposing offenses uncomfortable.

This team WILL NOT WIN with him calling shots.

In a league that is surrounded with teams playing young or rookie quarterbacks, a vanilla scheme like Wannsteds plays right in the hands of the inexperienced. Is it no surprise we make rookie QB's look like all-stars week end and week out. They never look confused out there and they get better and better as the game progresses.