Do we say goodbye to posey?

TD thought he'd be a steal, and he techinally was @ 1201am a couple years back, they claim he's doing what he's asked and is in the right spots all the time..and thats great! but he's not making any plays, sacks, interceptions, fumble recoveries, and quite frankly his tackles are down as well..

I thought the number 1 reason why he was brought here was to create an amazing pass rush..well im not seeing it. I think its time to say good bye to posey and find us a better LB..

thoughts??

We have Fletcher, and Spikes, Milloy, Clements.Mcgee, Vincent. Not everyone can get stats, but we could use an upgrade at olb. An interesting choice to maybe look at is UFA Julian Peterson. Granted he had an achilles injury, but he was easily a top olb before the injury, and may want out of san fran. Lord knows I would. Either way I think due to his injury I think he could be had pretty cap friendly, and the upside to peterson even after his injury would be tremendous

TD thought he'd be a steal, and he techinally was @ 1201am a couple years back, they claim he's doing what he's asked and is in the right spots all the time..and thats great! but he's not making any plays, sacks, interceptions, fumble recoveries, and quite frankly his tackles are down as well..

I thought the number 1 reason why he was brought here was to create an amazing pass rush..well im not seeing it. I think its time to say good bye to posey and find us a better LB..

thoughts??

193440[/snapback]

I think it's hard for Posey to shine when his linebacking partners are Takeo and Fletch. These guys are Pro-Bowl level and Posey is a nice steady player. He reminds me of Carlton Bailey - good player but one you didn't really notice because of Cornelius Bennett and Darryl Talley and all the things they did.

Guest BackInDaDay

Watch the draw play that sprang for 50+ yards following Lindell's miss. Posey fills the hole, but let's the back run right past him. He may have thought it was a block coming his way because there's no way he couldn't break down and stick him.

That's a glaring mistake, but JG needs to address many run-D issues, and all aren't related to Posey. I think he's a good defender, and this LB crew allows our talented subs the opportunities to shine on STs. Keep him around.