OT--What's up with the VT coach's face??

Corp000085

It looks like he had some sort of jaw surgery and has a prosthesis over the lower part of his face. Anyone know what happened to this guy?? I am just flipping around the channels, so i don't know if the announcers mentioned anything. I'm curious now!

It looks like he had some sort of jaw surgery and has a prosthesis over the lower part of his face.  Anyone know what happened to this guy??  I am just flipping around the channels, so i don't know if the announcers mentioned anything.  I'm curious now!

191826[/snapback]

He has a goiter problem

Beamer was the victim of an accident involving an exploding gas can when he was a teenager that left severe burns on the right side of his jaw line and neck. He had to have operations to try to repair the damage. He still recalls his mother encouraging him to reach out to those people who were less fortunate than him, even when he was in the hospital.

"I remember when I was having burn operations and she wanted me to get up and go on down the hall (at the hospital) and see somebody who was worse off than me," Beamer said. "I never forgot that. I think it's really important to do this visit (Friday)."