Movember - Help Support a Great Cause

DaBills51

Hello everyone,

For the month of November, I will be growing a mustache to raise vital awareness and funds for men's health issues, specifically prostate and testicular cancer initiatives. The funds raised are directed to programs run directly by Movember and their men’s health partners, the Prostate Cancer Foundation and LIVESTRONG Foundation.

I've already reached out to my family and friends, both on Facebook and in-person, however I haven't received a donation yet. So, running out of ideas, I decided that I would turn to some of the greatest fans in the world.

Any donation would be appreciated; however, if you don't have the means to donate, you can do your part by just spreading the word about the importance of testing. I'm only 24 and I've already lost a family member to prostate cancer, and more recently, the father of one of my good friends. In both cases, the cancer was not detected until it had already spread outside the prostate, and by then it was too late. Assuming that the majority of posters on here are men, I can not underestimate the importance of regular screening. Lets be honest, while I'm still too young to have had the pleasure of undergoing my first screening, it cannot be much worse than watching the Bills this year. As a matter of fact, it may even be a better way to spend you Sunday.

If you would like to donate, please just click on the link below, and then click on the donate to me button. Also, I am currently looking into buying 2 tickets to the Bills-Rams game through my work that can then be raffled off. The plan will be that each donation of $5 grants you one entry into the raffle. So, a $20 donation will give you four chances to win. I should have a definitive answer on if I can use the tickets for charity within the week. Thanks everyone for taking the time to read this, and like I said before, even if you can't donate, please get screened and help raise awareness by spreading the word.

http://us.movember.com/mospace/5049261

Edited by DaBills51