*** The view from Section 219 ***

---Man, did the 2004 Bills ever manage to cram a roller-coaster ride into a season or what?!?! Here's some season finale observations from the tunnel end ...

-

-- Love the fact that our guys set an NFL record for fewest points allowed in a quarter over a season ... The Bills outscored teams 80 - 12 in the third quarter this year. That means the coaches are making good adjustments. And, in terms of the team's attitude & on-field character, I think that bodes well for the next few years with the core we've now assembled.

-

-- Willie Parker? The guy was fourth string, an undrafted rookie for God's sake. I hereby take back previous references to an "elite defense," but do maintain the right to point out that turnovers and defensive scores are as much a part of the measure of an elite deense as are late game, playoffs-on-the-line, at home, complete wiltings in the wave of third and fourth string players.

-

-- McGahee for Rookie Of The Year. I know, I know ... second year player. This one's from the heart, not the brain. Let's start an unofficial movement to name him Rookie Of The Year just for coming back from that knee. Special circumstances. The whole country saw it... his last college play. In my mind and in the hearts of probably a few of you, he was Rookie Of The Year.

-

-- I was talking to a Steelers fan on the Thruway last night. I said, "You bastards ruined our playoff party!" He said, "You couldn't beat our scrubs!" After talking some football, we had a laugh that the Buffalo fans this year couldn't even say "Oh, well, now I can start going to Sabres games..."

-

-- Thanks to everyone at Lot One, Pole Five for the cold beers and the good times talking football before home games! I assumed foolishly that being a fan since '68 I'd seen it all, but the wedding in the parking lot was incredible. I guess it's time to start analyzing the draft. Happy New Year!