most comfortable shoes you've ever had

birdog1960

my 4 year old planet walker shoes are wearing out. got em at ross for $30 on closeout. not made anymore. they're clog style but with closed backs.. soft leather. cork soles covered with rubber. most comfortable i've ever had. so i'm searching for replacements.

the ones that look the most alike are dansko professionals. many of the reviews are great from chefs and others who work on their feet all day. birkenstock makes a similar shoe . but i can't find either of these locally to try. have had many different clarks styles but none as comfortable. tried some keene's, propet and merrills recently and didn't find them as comfy as my old shoes but didn't have any on long and didn't try many styles.. really the next best shoe for comfort i've had were good quality sebego penny loafers.

i'm not stuck on a certain style or even price and i don't have to worry about a dress code i'd even prefer it not be a clog if another type was as comfortable but looks are secondary. sure, i can buy some different types online and return if i don't like em and maybe even get my old ones fixed (doubtful)..

but i'm interested in what people here think the most comfortable shoe they've owned is. wearing them a while sometimes changes opinions. and i know there are people here, like me, that are on their feet most of the day. sorry in advance, if you find this is a silly subject but i actually think good shoes are very important.

Edited by birdog1960