Chan, he really seems to lack imagination, myths about our "megami

bowery4

I like the guy but he doesn't trust his guys or so it seems (unless your name is Brad or Ryan). I think he does what he likes to do and doesn't match the schemes to the players. Which frankly makes him almost as bad as Dick and makes me doubt his player evaluations (just like Dick). And this goes against what people say about the guy. I know that to succeed in this league you run the ball until they take it away (even in todays game). I get his philosophy but am not sure he will ever win with it, he abandons the run too quickly.

I for one am sick of all these teams stacking because Fitz can't get it done (oh and BTW bench Fitz until you are sure he gets "it" back, if ever. How is it every coach we have ruins the QB somehow?). This can be countered (of course by running the ball and having your QB under center and using PA, everyone in the league knows and does this, we do it once every 2 games). When you have an empty backfield everyone knows it is going to be a short pass..... Put Fitz under center and run a double TE with a full back.

We have a very good TE who runs good seam routes and can catch even when he is covered. We have a (from what I can tell) compliment to him in Dorin Dickerson. Where is he and why isn't he used? Lee Smith is a very good blocker but why not do it different, sometimes? I know they put the package in, in training camp.

Did I see Kyle Williams in there, wow, what what that? I mean I am okay with it but still.

We have 2 of the best running backs in the league. They should be on the field together 70 or 80% of the time. Yeah Spiller is hotter right now, so he deserves more touches. In pro set, flanked out, spread. I don't care how, they are 2 of the best players on the team and you have a dual threat. If one gets injured you put in a backup, a fullback a Hback or even Brad Smith. I hate it when he says well one might get injured? WTF, yeah. It is a risk you take, put your best players in position to succeed.

The tale of 2 TJs; I actually applaud the Brad Smith pass to TJ or Jones that got intercepted, but he did it at completely the wrong time and for the wrong reason. He wanted to open up a lead and put the game away, I understand that but he jeopardized and almost undermined the win, with a trick play! (Overthunk that one all day, over thunk the screen after the timeout, too).

Try that play on the first play of the game and I am alright with it. To try and win it on that play is like....IDK, passing on 3rd and 2 w/o a RB in the backfield every effing week!

TJax, why can't he get reps during the week? I do not understand. Really, is he just that bad? I saw a lot of him last year and he looked at least okay, and he was injured, too. Why have the guy? Get him some reps. He has to be better than Thigpen and I would even start Thigpen over Fitz right now.

Special teams, they have no or little confidence in Lindel, so they keep a kicker to give him a break on KOs. I understand it, I think it looked good on paper. I kind of think it was a fun experiment. Did I see the punter kicking off (my internet is a little blurry at times)? They should free up that roster spot now. I just don't see it working out or they are still perfecting it or something. It is just playing around IMO; BTW, I liked the OT punt it was the right thing to do. I don't like the directional stuff all that much it almost backfired 2 times today. Just kick high and far.KISS.h and the fake punt, apparently we should try that sometime.

McKelvin, why didn't we know this about him before, this year (I know the fumble lol, I never wanted him back there again either) he is Mr. Electric! He actually made a play on defensive too! His contract...hmmmm what to do? I say try to sign him now, modestly.

Defense, today was better, not perfect. I like the under 20 points thing, we should be able to win when that happens. Byrd had a good game but neither of their QBs are very good and their line is just bad. Our D line looked good, go figure. Gilmore did okay, Williams got benched I think. The blitzing Moats and Byrd should be done against good teams with good QBs too. I like the rotation of Moats and the rookie LB. Shepard is kind of not good but I think he is improving. There needed to be a spy on Kolb, we knew he could run, no? Turnovers are delicious. Good on them for the game but they really need to finish and not make it look ugly at the end. The refs blow, we should hold as much as our opponents and see if we get called (just as an experiment, of course). I am not making excuses, it was a terribly called game. What was with that spot? you bring the chains, 2 or 3 links short? First Down? WTF, moment there, to be sure. Darius looked much better today. Mario was there too, I saw him ;)

I forgot to mention it before, that was a giant difference today on our offense, not turning the ball over 4-6 times, really, really helps a lot. Does Chan get credit for that? I am not sure but it helps.

Blue pants! Lucky :worthy::thumbsup: and good looking!

BTW did I mention we were lucky to win? I do realize it was a tough team on the road but it should have been the Bills by 20.

Chan,we should have won bigger, you and Fitz (and Brad) almost threw the game away. Innovate and execute without getting cute (please stop with the cuteness!). Win the trenches and beat your guy down. I still want to see meaner football from our guys, how do you instill meanness, you beat the other team down. Keep making up good new things that fit who you have but keep it simple enough.

Edited by bowery4