Spinning it...

I really do love Fitz. Whole heartedly. He may be one of the best at the line adjustment makers in the NFL. He truly is. So smart. The real problem lies in that he is just not blessed with the capability to spin the ball very well. That leads to poor downfield throws that come out with, well poor velocity. Anyone who has tried to throw a football even 30 yards knows that. The ability to predict the flight of the ball, down field and reproduce it over and over again. You've all seen it. He strains and has to put his whole body into it. He can't flick it out there conisistently. Big hands usually help. Or a big arm. Or Both. Shorter guys like Vick and Brees both have big hands that allow them to reproduce that tight spiral on those 45-50 yard go routes. You really have to have that as a constant threat against all the good defenses and smart coordinators in today's NFL. He has his moments though. And we all love hate him for that. Not a lot of guys are blessed with his on field smarts but he's just not a pure athlete. I really feel that deep down, the plan was Vince. And that even Buddy and Chan know that you can design all the schemes and gadgety quick little shifty routes you want but it can't replace a guy that can spin it.

Ughh I don't know about this, yeah he has smarts he's a Harvard graduate but he's not even in the top 10 of pre-snap adjusters. it's actuallly not really about the spiral he puts on the ball, I haven't really seen him have a problem with that on a consistent basis. His problem is over thinking and trying to force the ball into coverage regardless of if the receiver is blanketed or in double coverage. Even more than over thinking his accuracy is abysmal even in short yardage situations (especially on passes in the flats) for example in the Cleveland game he missed Chandler on what should of been an easy third down conversion. Scott was WIIIDE open but fitz's accuracy problems led him too much with his throw.