My Post on your (TBD er's) Posts

DUFF

First things First...That was a hell of a game! With the exception of Fitz, I think the whole team showed up to play on Sunday. I posted about this last season that it often seemed that the Bills as a team never really all "show up" on Sunday. For example the offense "shows up" and puts 35 points up, but the defense sucks and allows 37 points, or the opposite...you get the idea right? Yesturday they showed up!

I'll even give credit to Fitz for using his legs, when his arm wasn't working early on.

Spiller- WOW! Has a chance to take it to the house every time. He is the Bills version of a Deep Threat Receiver (picking up yards in huge chunks).

Fitz- I was starting to think he had a personal vendetta against Chandler in the first quarter, the way he seemed to overlook/underthrow him. If Fitz could hit receivers in stride this offense would be extremely dangerous, and Fitz would probably appear to be an elite qb! Think of the one pass he actually hit Stevie in stride (paydirt!) and imagine if he did that all game. The offense still scored 28 (not counting the punt return) points despite what we view as some lousy qb play (Fitz through two TD's as well). - And again, I personally view this as bad day for Fitz (Not nearly as bad as against the Jets- I think thats as bad as Fitz gets...but still pretty bad)

DB's- It would appear many TBD voices were heard after that embarrassment against the Jets (GFYS Jets, Jets, Jets!) anyway I noticed that the corners were pressing, bumping and overall playing more aggressively against KC receivers at the line of scrimmage, versus the10yrds back they were playing against the jets. As a result, no more quick passes (to be continued below...)

Defensive Line- No more quick passes forced Cassel to wait for plays to develop. Those extra few seconds is why the Bills recorded 5 sacks and dominated the line of scrimmage. PS- Anyone who thinks that Mario Williams is not a major factor for this defense is an idiot, and doesn't understand football, or more particularly "Team Football". I won't go into detail here, because several other posters have argued this point extremely well. I particularly agree with the poster who referenced stats coorelating with Darrel Revis, and his # of interceptions. I won't defend this team when they suck (at least not with other Bills fans), but for people to be calling out MW after this week is sickening. Some of the posts I read here make me a little suspect as to what team people actually like round here.

Football is game of action and reaction... With KW and MD dominating the LOS and making plays, teams may choose to gameplan around them. If/when that happens look for MW and MA to bring the noise. I think we got a glimpse of the focus turning to Marcel and Kyle when Sheppard came untouched through the line and forced cassel to basically take a knee to avoid having his head taken off. When it comes to our Defensive Front teams will have to pick their poison, and none of their choices are going to taste good.