What about third down conversions?

Two for 11.  Very telling.

Steelers were around 50%--but well above that mark in the 1st half.  Randle El had way too much space to roam around and he made the Bills pay.

189177[/snapback]

I noticed that today as well. McGee is a heck of a find in the draft, but he often plays off the receiver too much on those critical third downs. That being said, I thought that the blitzes did little to generate pressure against Maddox early in the game, and there were several ill-advised blitzes that were called deep in our end of the field that left receivers roaming wide open.

The good news is that I see Kelsey and Denny getting better, and McGee improving as well. I am not sure that I like seeing McGee on all those kickoffs. I know he is very talented, but there are times when the defense cannot get off the field that I worry that he is just simply getting winded from all they ask him to do on defense and special teams. Maybe next year Fast Freddie can handle more of those duties.

Vincent is also adjusting to his role as Safety, so another year should have him more comfortable in Gray's defense.

I think the defense will come back stronger next year, but the offense still has me worried. Moulds was the invisable man this year, and dropped several key throws. I don't know if he is simply trying too hard, and not letting the game come to him or what, but he seemed to be "pressing" all year. Lee is one heck of a find, McGahee has been playing dinged up - I can tell. Another year of rehab, and who knows how dominant he can be.

I could go on and on about Drew, but I have said all I am going to say about that subject.

Lindel should find a pink slip this off season. He is not the clutch kicker this team requires for the type of ball Mularky wants to play.