Lines to get in / stadium parking info

For fans that didn't go to the game yesterday...

The lines to get in the stadium took 45 minutes to get in within a half hour of kickoff because of the new metal detector wand rule. AND the stadium was only 1/2-2/3rds full. For the opener expect at least an hour to give in. Multiple people were also sneaking to avoid being searched - I saw at least 25 people get in, none were caught, which completely negates the whole screening process to begin with.

Parking - if you park in the stadium lots you are directed as to where you park, moreso than in years past. You can choose which side you want, but once in the lot you no longer determine where you park. If you want to meet with friends you need to be immediately behind eachother. The lots are also lined so to grill out, have space you have to go to the back lots or park outside the stadium. It appears they are trying to further minimize the tailgating.

I was in lot 5 and they did the Disney parking in the lots closer to the stadium but I believe the ones closer to the road were still "fend for yourself" open parking. As to grilling in the Disney lots, the parking spaces are quite a bit longer than a normal spot. There is about a half car length of extra space. In fact, when I pulled into my spot the attendant walked over and asked if I wanted to setup my tailgate in front or back of my car. When I said the front he had me back up and let me know when I was back as far as I could go.

In general I don't like the idea of Disney style parking. I like to choose my spot for various reasons, easy exit, who's next to me, etc. But I have to admit it was much easier than canvassing for a spot while circumventing tents and large groups of people standing around them. I think I'll do the Disney lots when I'm not meeting someone. Hopefully they can get the right mix of Disney vs. open parking so most people get what they want.