OT I'm getting a new phone

Corp000085

After numerous searches for a phone, i believe i'm getting the samsung i-600, which has windows mobile 2003 for the pda portion. I decided that i don't need the treo 650 or the samsung i700 pocketpc, as they're more of a PDA than a phone. The samsung i600 is a phone with the windows pda features. I'd love a treo 650, but it doesn't flip (i'd scratch the screen in 30 seconds), and i've had bad luck with palm software in the past. Does anyone have a samsung i600, or have any comments or suggestions? Sorry in advance for not putting this in the consumer forum, but i'm lazy tonight, plus i'll get more reads over here anyways.

My old phone (motorola startac) died after 10 years on christmas day. I think that Jesus himself wants me to have a new phone. I just hope i can get it before 1pm on sunday. I don't currently have a way to talk to my friends about the game.

http://product.samsung.com/cgi-bin/nabc/pr...rod_id=SCH-I600

After numerous searches for a phone, i believe i'm getting the samsung i-600, which has windows mobile 2003 for the pda portion.  I decided that i don't need the treo 650 or the samsung i700 pocketpc, as they're more of a PDA than a phone.  The samsung i600 is a phone with the windows pda features.  I'd love a treo 650, but it doesn't flip (i'd scratch the screen in 30 seconds), and i've had bad luck with palm software in the past.  Does anyone have a samsung i600, or have any comments or suggestions?  Sorry in advance for not putting this in the consumer forum, but i'm lazy tonight, plus i'll get more reads over here anyways. 

My old phone (motorola startac) died after 10 years on christmas day.  I think that Jesus himself wants me to have a new phone.  I just hope i can get it before 1pm on sunday.  I don't currently have a way to talk to my friends about the game.

http://product.samsung.com/cgi-bin/nabc/pr...rod_id=SCH-I600

185997[/snapback]

I don't have the Samsung but just got the Motorola MPx220 which is very similar to the Samsung with Windows mobile, internet ability, bluetooth, etc...like it alot, you may want to take a look at it...you can get it for $299 through Cingular...($199 at Letstalk.com). Good luck...

Man, if you've been using a Startac for the last ten years, I'd say you deserve it! Those phones were horrible.

I'd have to disagree... I'll give you that the phone has zero features, and exactly one ringtone of death, but it has been increadibly durable. It has been dropped on the ground, in water, bent, twisted, and used to death. I'm very much "have to have the newest things" kind of guy with technology, but that startac was one thing i just could never justify replacing till it actually broke. I think i'm donating it to the smithsonian.

Raleigh, i'd love to look into cingular, but it has poor coverage at my house and around town. I'm pretty much stuck with verizon or sprint at the moment.