Just a thought about the #10 pick

The more I sit here and think about who I'd like to see with our first round pick the more I'm starting to like the idea of Upshaw now, I am definitely all for a WR or a LT but Upshaw would make this defense really vesitile. I know the knock on him was his lack of arm length and speed but now with Mario in the picture maybe Upshaw is a better fit. And if and when we go to a 3/4 Upshaw and Mario can both play LB with Barnett and Shep.

Just a thought...

I love Upshaw's toughness. The guy arrives with force. He has a second pro day and I would like to see him run prior to the draft. If he can't run he is going to be considered injured. I would get him in for a doctors evaluation and if he passes he just could be there early in round 2.

I agree that we we should continue to stockpile pass rushers.. i just dont agree with Upshaw at that pick. I would be happy with Coples or Ingram however at the #10 spot. I know people question Coples work ethic, but he would have some great mentors alongside him. He would be part of a great unit and that would help him to transition to the NFL game. The guys is a beast when he really plays and could be a star for years to come. Ingram doenst measure up like Coples but he's a high motor guy who plays hard and already has a decent arsenal of pass rushing moves and experience.

If Mario goes down for a few games where does our edge rush come from? My point being the pass rush is far from covered.

Very true. 1 guy doesn't "cover" the pass rush problem. We're gonna need AT LEAST two more pass rushers. Maybe Moats can be one of them? I don't see any others on this roster. Kinda scary.