Bills should stand pat

Well, Bill Barnwell from Football Outsiders and Grantland… Bill Simmons' baby.

Thanks for posting this!

Looking forward to reading it.

"They've already done that with Stevie Johnson, but they might also consider deals for offensive lineman Andy Levitre, slot corner/returner Leodis McKelvin, and even 31-year-old running back Fred Jackson, who has just 817 professional carries and might actually play younger than his age would indicate."

I have seen nothing to indicate the Bills should worry about keeping McKelvin; maybe let him try free agency when it is his turn and let him come back when he sees not a lot of interest.

Edited by BillsWatch

Sounds like pretty sound thinking to me !! The guy has a good point , if Buddy believes (which we all know he does) that the way to build a team is through the draft then get our guys signed & bring in young talent & let the scouts do their job .

So far it seems to be working pretty good & if Buddy continues the way we have been going i think we are going to be better off than a lot of the teams that blow huge money & in a couple of years need to get rid of players b/c they over paid ..

Like a dink in Dallas !! Did i say that ?? :blush:

Urbik, Rhinehart, Pears, Chandler, Morrison, Ruvell Martin, Merriman, Barnett, and Fitzpatrick...All were signed to FA deals, had contracts extended, or were offered tenders...none were drafted by the Bills

The only players that apply to Nix's philosophy so far are Kyle Williams, Terrence McGee, and Stevie Johnson.

If he signs Levitre, Byrd, Freddie, and David Nelson to extensions then maybe we can believe he will follow his very publicly stated philosophy