Scouting Combine

For the last few years, this has been one of my favorite sites for combine news and results.

They already have the bench press results for the O-linemen and tight ends as well as other physical measurements.

It looks like they've measured the QBs and other position groups too.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/

(If you change the year in the URL you can view the results of past combines (measurements, times, etc)

BTW, Ryan Tannehill has the smallest hands of any of the 19 quarterbacks in attendance. From wrist seam to end of middle finger he measures 9 inches.

Gotta love the combine!

edit: Justin Blackmon… 6' 7-8" inches tall (ouch).

RG3, 6'2 3/8" inches tall.

That's not how they measure hands. It's from the end of the pinkie to the end of the thumb across, not from the wrist up to the end of the middle finger.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunday standouts so far:

WR Stephen Hill, GTech - 4.30. Cut well. Caught everything..oh...and he's 6'4".

QB Kirk Cousins- he was, by far, the best thrower on the field. Everyone else was crap.

WR Joe Adams, Arkansas - looked at ease out there.

WR Danny Coale, VTech- 4.40, caught everything, good cuts

I liked WR Wylie as well.

The reason why it matters is because when a 6-4 260 pound guy is running after you and a 6-6 320 pound guy is standing in front of you, your ability to get the ball where it is supposed to be is extreemly hampered.

Its like watching a guy dunk on an 8 feet rim and wondering why he isn't playing in the NBA.

Moore is not nearly as atheletic as Drew Brees. Its extreemly not likely Moore or Wilson can be succesfull in the NFL.

I always liked the idea of getting Cousins in the 3rd or 4th round. I now confirmed my feeling. If Cousins is there at pick ~106. I'd be happy with that pick.

I agree with basically everything you said. I especially like Cousins. Maybe even worth a 2nd rounder. But I am struck by how accurate Moore is with the timing and placement of his throws. He's like the anti-Rob Johnson.

I like Moore much more than Wilson....but you're prob right. It'll be interesting to see how Moore does.

Actually that was me that was discussing Blackmon with you. Like you I couldn't remember who I was discussing Blackmon's height with but I recall the conversation and it was part of my impetus for starting this topic.

While my recollection of the discussion is not crystal clear, I don't believe I ever thought that Blackmon was quite as tall as Megatron (6'5") but I was relatively sure from looking at the video that he was at least 6'2" and more likely 6'3".

That's why I brought this up in the post… because I am quite surprised that he's only a shade taller than 6'0".

Anyways you were right and I was wrong but you're in that group of people I don't mind being wrong to.

Not really rights and wrong, just a civil discussion between two Bills fan. Your opinion is always much respected.

So I'm not saying that the two players are the same, I think AJ Green was a bit more polished but I'm just saying:

AJ Green Georgia 6'3 5/8 211 34 3/8 9 1/4 4.50 18 34.5 10'6

Michael Floyd Notre Dame 6'2 5/8 220 32 7/8 9 3/8" 4.42 16 36.5 122

Seriously if Michael Floyd is there at #10 with or without Stevie on the roster, I'm A-OK with this pick.

Yes we need a pass rush. However Ingram and Coples are not 1st round talent in most year's draft classes. I doubt they would be in the 1st round discussion in the 2011 draft. You'd stack rank them at the bottom of the this list in my opinion.

Von Miller

Marcell Dareus

Aldon Smith

J. J. Watt

Nick Fairley

Robert Quinn

Ryan Kerrigan

Adrian Clayborn

Cameron Jordan

- Coples

Muhammad Wilkerson

- Ingram

They are not BPA or anywhere near it at #10 in the 2012 draft.

(OK maybe Coples goes in front of Muhammad Wilkerson and Ingram goes after Wilkerson)

Edited by Why So Serious?