Quinton Coples....I dont get it.

DC Grid

For starters, I wanted them to draft Orakpo...he was peaking as a senior, never routinely quit on plays, generally looked like a stud...even if alot of the "experts" you cite to didn't think nearly as much of him as you say they do for Coples. Draft history is littered with examples of players with all the talent in the world who fail because they dont have the heart. Coples to me seems like another in that long line. If you doubt me on this, do take notice that almost every draft guru says how great coples' physical talent is, but notes his lack of consistency. They do this so later if / when he doesnt pan out they can say they called it.

Now dont get me wrong, if he's there at 10 and Ingram and or Upshaw arent he very well could be worth the risk. But I wouldnt cry if he didnt fall to us...and I really wouldnt want to see the Bills trade up to get him.

At least you have a more open minded view. I am not worried about the supposed consistency issues and motivation. Things like this are alleged all the time by various sources. As I mentioned to another poster nobody has a list of all the players that "motivation" has been listed as an issue so when we say things like "another in a long line" we really have no factual data to back it up or ability to come up with any sort of success or failure rate. It's pure unfounded speculation that can't be confirmed.

One thing I do know is that consistency can be taught with experience and good coaching. The alleged motivational issues even if they actually did exist at the college level can also be addressed at the pro level with coaching, leadership and teammates. What can't be taught is a 6'6" 281 lb monster who played against double teams and has the ability to play DE, DT and possibly even LB in some situations.

This guy looks like he could be one of the Giants defensive lineman that got after Brady and denied him yet another ring. As I have stated I would be cool with Upshaw and love the fact he is from Alabama where Dareus played. Dareus should be able to give us the inside scoop on what the kid has. If he has the goods Marcel should be a very vocal advocate for his acquisition.

Edited by PDaDdy