Some Telling Statistics - Bills Offense

Got_Wood

These are some indicators of whether or not you have a good offense:

Pass plays over 25 yards:

Fitzpatrick is tied for 10th in the league with 23(Not too bad. Shows we can at least produce some big plays.)

Yards per pass attempt:

Fitzpatrick doesn't rank in the top 20. (This is a problem. Part of it has to do with the lack of big play threats on the outside. Part of it is due to Fitz's accuracy issues.)

Run plays over 10 yards:

Freddy Jackson is tied for 10th in the league with 23 (Again, not bad. Especially considering he is 17th in the league in carries.)

Receptions over 25 yards:

No receivers in the top 20 (This is pretty telling. Especially since Stevie Johnson is 13th in the league with 59 receptions. He only has 5 plays of over 25 yards so far this season. By comparison, Steve Smith has 13, Brandon Marshall has 12, and there are 5 receivers with 11 plays over 25 yards. Fitz spreads the ball around to all of our receivers, and some of them come up with big plays here and there. Freddy actually has 6 plays over 25 yards, out of the 23 total Fitz has thrown. We simply don't have a big play receiver, and that needs to be addressed.)

I was just looking at Fitz' numbers too. I didnt compare him to all the Qbs around the league but his numbers are much better than Flacco's....all I did and what the OP has done for me is prove that its not Fitz whose to blame. We just need better players....Got to get Steve back and need to bring in WR who can stretch the field....or put Leodis out there to stretch the D (I know he can't catch...)

I was just looking at Fitz' numbers too. I didnt compare him to all the Qbs around the league but his numbers are much better than Flacco's....all I did and what the OP has done for me is prove that its not Fitz whose to blame. We just need better players....Got to get Steve back and need to bring in WR who can stretch the field....or put Leodis out there to stretch the D (I know he can't catch...)

I agree that we need to resign Stevie Johnson. I'm not sure what the holdup there is. And then we need to find a real deep threat in the offseason.

Fitz is adequate for this team. He won't be a superstar, but he can get the job done with a good WR added to the roster.

I just have this terrible feeling that the Bills front office will figure out a way to screw this up somehow. I really hope not.