So if SJ can beat Webster qhat would Spiller have done?

D521646

Besides the fact that Fitz underthrew him (Twice) my concern is that Fitz (Gailey) called the wrong number several times in this game. I watched the DVR version of the game late last night (Gawd I love my DVR) and I paid particular attention to CJ. I have to say that almost, and I mean almost every time except once, Spiller was open on his routes. The CB for NY (his name escapes me) was very respectful of CJ's speed, and Spiller pulled up many times with mountains of room for a sideline throw. To Fitz's credit he spotted it a couple of times and got CJ the ball, but if Fitz had looked this way more often he'd have seen that CJ was open all day? If you're going to call the deep route then you have your fastest guy running the route, and to SJ's credit he was open both times, but not open enough that Fitz could see that he needed to lead him more. With more separation perhaps Fitz would have seen more daylight between the two and it would have been easier to gauge the throws? I dunno, second guessing and all, just making some observations.

I wonder if Gailey and Co actually read these forums because I and a few others have been saying for a while now that if you can't involve CJ in the run game, then split him out more.. Seems someone is listening. Couple of other things I noticed. Looks like Fitz went away from the slant route after SJ was well defended that one time in the 2nd. However, I saw that SJ was open a few times after that on the same route..

All in all, a tough loss, we could easily be 6 - 0 losing by a combined 6 points in our two losses, but we could just as easily be 1 - 5 as well.. :)

We have two weeks to get healthy, and re-group. I like our chances in Washington with a well rested, and re-focued team.

Was anyone else at the edge of their seat when Dallas went up yesterday late? :)

Tim-

I wonder if Gailey and Co actually read these forums because I and a few others have been saying for a while now that if you can't involve CJ in the run game, then split him out more.. Seems someone is listening. Couple of other things I noticed. Looks like Fitz went away from the slant route after SJ was well defended that one time in the 2nd. However, I saw that SJ was open a few times after that on the same route..

Yes Chan spends his days and nights reading this forum. He has now found out that he called a stupid play, he doesnt go down field enough, he isnt utilizing _____ enough. He should fire his DC and he needs a better haircut