Six Take-Aways

My gut reaction:

1. The call to throw with 4 minutes to go was absolutely the right one. People calling for us to run must have been Juaron fans. It was just an underthrown ball to our star WR on man to man. Bad throws happen. Dallas played conservative with the lead, it seems, and got bit today.

2. I think Merriman really does have a big impact on our game, despite his lack of sacks. With the addition of having Kyle Williams out, we didn't seem to have any pressure near the line of scrimmage. With their return, I think our rush will get better. Not that it was great to begin with, but at least it was respectable.

3. Our corners seem to both miss a lot of big plays and make a lot of them. Today, it was almost all miss with the exception of two breakups near the endzone. From what I've seen, they seem like the weakest link on this team despite some above-average INTs.

4. We haven't been playing well offensively or defensively in the fourth quarter the past three games. This follows two games in which we were possessed. Don't know if this is a trend or not.

5. Gailey is still the man. I liked the offensive gameplan today. Only thing missing was one crucial underthrown ball, a complete lack of pressure on the opposing QB (hopefully caused by no Merriman or Williams), and our CBs being burned (who also made two key breakups).

6. Fitz is still the man. He's the perfect QB to be running Gailey's system. He will take us to the playoffs.

Anything to add?

Edited by JustinAtlanta