Perspective in Numbers

Although I post a lot, I try not to start too many topics, however I wanted to put this out there by itself.

Some people here like to quote the old Twain/Disraeli saying about statistics, "There's three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

Others prefer to quote Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

There is some truth in both sayings and yet of course, neither saying is absolutely true.

That said, here are some numbers to ponder:

Bills record: 4-2 (.667)

Bills opponents records this year: 19-14 (.576)

Bills opponents records this year not including their games against the Bills: 17-10 (.630)

Record of the teams the Bills have lost to: 8-4 (.667)

You can spin these any way you want and others will assuredly spin them some other way. For everyone that says Kansas City sucks, someone else can say that they won the AFC West last year and were 7-1 at home last season… both of which are true.

So anyways, there it is.

The Bills have played a pretty tough schedule and they have a pretty good record.

That is all.

Thanks SJBF. If I was told before the season we would be 4-2 with a QB that has 12 TDs and only 6 picks, a defense that has scored 3 tds and has 12 picks i would be thrilled. I am happy to be where we are at the bye. Hopefully, we get healthy and keep up the pace.

KH

Thanks SJBF. If I was told before the season we would be 4-2 with a QB that has 12 TDs and only 6 picks, a defense that has scored 3 tds and has 12 picks i would be thrilled. I am happy to be where we are at the bye. Hopefully, we get healthy and keep up the pace.

KH

Kent, you were a great player and an all-time Bill and I agree with your perspective.

The cup is 2/3rds full and is likely to get more full.

This team is one year away from being a Super Bowl contender, IMO.