Fitz' last INT.

162 members have voted

1. 1. Whose fault was the last INT?

• Fitz
    • Gailey
    • The football Gods

I'm not buying the argument that if Fitz makes that play it's a genius call. It was a poor decision at this point in the game. I'm also hearing that our defense is a sieve and that is why to go for the throat. Don't get that either. That is exactly why you slow the game down.

2. We were in scoring position.
  3. There was 4 minutes left on the clock.
  4. Giants game is a grinding, steady drive offense that takes time (usually).

People are talking like if we ran there we'd be conceding to a long FG. Huh? It was 1st down! We have 3 plays to take nearly 2 minute off the clock with a run, slant, run...whatever...and then STILL have a good likelihood of either being closer for the FG making it automatic, or moving the chains and being able to run down the clock under the 2 min warning and have NY burn a timeout or 2. We have the number 1 red zone offense in the league. How about we advance the ball into the red zone and test that stat out instead of trying to score from outside of it?

Up by 3 or 7 with under 2 minutes and Eli with maybe 1 timeout left to go down the field and us knowing he won't run the ball, I'd say that is a pretty good position to be in. Somebody said it earlier, put the team and players in a position to succeed and stop blaming the QB for making an athletic mistake.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure it is. If you think Fitz can make that throw and that the first one was an aberration.

Fitz lacked zip on a lot of his passes today, not just those two. Yes, he had a few nice bullets, but overall he had a poor throwing day. Just playing the odds, I thought it was a bad call today. Maybe in another day his arm looks better and you make that call with confidence.

I am very happy that you are not the head coach.