Should the Bills Draft Jayron Hosley

Athletically he reminds me of Pacman Jones. Is he a bit on the smaller side? Kinda looks it.

You'll find that the general idea of drafting DBs highly is not very popular on this board.

But at some point during the 2012 draft, the Bills will be drafting a cornerback… as will virtually every team in the NFL.

It's only a matter of who and how high.

You might notice that the two highest DBs the Bills drafted this year, Aaron Williams and D'Norris Searcy are both known for their physical play. Both have good size and Searcy, while shorter, had the most bench presses of any DB at the combine.

Our 7th rounder, Justin Rogers has average to below-average size but is a good athlete.

I'm thinking the Bills, like the fans here, would be averse to drafting a smaller cornerback… especially with the trend towards tall wide receivers...

Small per se isn't the issue for me it's being physical. In the NFL hard to be finesse. Revis is under 6' and under 200 lbs but he's a powerhouse with orangutang strength hand clamps. I'm not at all opposed to drafting secondary high and would have taken peterson over dareus this year, but I don't see this guy translating as well to the NFL level.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

he will probably be the 1st DB off the board...do we want to be that team/will we have the opp. to be that team?

Geez, the draft is so distant that it's hard for me to really project that far out.

But basically if he's a finesse cornerback, then I wouldn't want us to draft him in the first round.

The only incredible, small, finesse cornerback I recall is Darrell Green.

Antoine Winfield and Brandon Flowers are small but very physical. Jabbari Greer is a small, finesse corner but he was an undrafted free agent and is injury prone. Pacman didn't have career endurance…

There aren't that many small, finesse CBs in the NFL that have succeeded. Aaron Glenn…

http://www.drafttek.com/PositionalCB.asp

We have Hosley 11th, the seniors ahead of him being Dennard, Minnifield, Janoris Jenkins, Coryell Judie, Donnie Fletcher, and Brandon Boykin.

Hosley is the smallest of the seven. I'd expect him to be there in RD#3, depending where we draft. Hosley is a ballhawk. He led the nation in INT's as a sophomore, and has had 11 INT's in 14 games.