Chan Gailey and Ryan Fitzpatrick are for real.

Belichick and the Pats perhaps had a better initial game plan - perhaps the Bills just executed poorly in the first quarter. Nonetheless, there is absolutely no denying it: Gailey trounced Belichick for 3 full quarters. Chan was 2 steps ahead all game long. I loved that smug "I knew it" expression he wore on the sidelines. It went so nicely with Belichick's "what the hell is going on?" countenance. To me, it feels like Gailey is forging a new legacy as one of the best minds in football, and when you really start to analyze and break down both the play design and play calling, there is a level of competence there we may have never seen before in Buffalo.

And Fitz is just an absolutely perfect fit for Gailey's system. The guy is really really good. Nevermind that his passes sometimes look ugly and sometimes flat out are ugly. The guy is poised, he makes quick, good decisions, he gets rid of it fast, and he knows how to lead a game winning drive. He puts the ball on the money to the right receiver with consistency. A star is being born in Buffalo.

And Oakland handling the Jets the way they did gives us even more credibility. The question for me is this: when do we stop asking ourselves if we are a playoff team, and start asking ourselves if we are a super bowl team? Not yet...not yet...but it is coming soon.

Go Bills!