Big Trade Help Needed

slothrop

My team is weak at WR. Currently I am starting Brandon Marshall, Donald Driver, and Mike Thomas. I am strong at RB with Rice and McCoy.

I have been offered this trade: Ray Rice and Cam Newton for Andre Johnson and Mark Ingram.

A few more details. We are a 12 team keeper league. To keep a player you have to give up a draft pick two picks above where the player was chosen last season. So, for example, I drafted Newton in the 13th round so I would have to give up an 11th round pick next year to keep him. Ingram can be kept for a 5th round pick.

At RB, if the trade were to go through, I would have to start Helu or Ingram. I have Josh Freeman and Sam Bradford at QB.

Should I pull the trigger given my poor WR's?

My team is weak at WR. Currently I am starting Brandon Marshall, Donald Driver, and Mike Thomas. I am strong at RB with Rice and McCoy.

I have been offered this trade: Ray Rice and Cam Newton for Andre Johnson and Mark Ingram.

A few more details. We are a 12 team keeper league. To keep a player you have to give up a draft pick two picks above where the player was chosen last season. So, for example, I drafted Newton in the 13th round so I would have to give up an 11th round pick next year to keep him. Ingram can be kept for a 5th round pick.

At RB, if the trade were to go through, I would have to start Helu or Ingram. I have Josh Freeman and Sam Bradford at QB.

Should I pull the trigger given my poor WR's?

No, that makes your team worse. The Saints run a Pats-syle offense (lots of passing, multiple backs) so Ingram is not a feature back. Plus, he's been just ok thus far. I wouldn't want to start him outside of a bye week.

Newtown might be your best QB (at least from a fantasy perspective), so giving up him and Rice (who is dominant, esp in a PPR league) is just too much for Johnson. Maybe if he offers you a true starting RB plus Johson I'd consider it.

No, that makes your team worse. The Saints run a Pats-syle offense (lots of passing, multiple backs) so Ingram is not a feature back. Plus, he's been just ok thus far. I wouldn't want to start him outside of a bye week.

Newtown might be your best QB (at least from a fantasy perspective), so giving up him and Rice (who is dominant, esp in a PPR league) is just too much for Johnson. Maybe if he offers you a true starting RB plus Johson I'd consider it.

What about Rice and Bradford for Johnson and Hightower (I have Helu)

I wouldn't do that trade either. You are dealing from a position of strength with your two RBs. For one of those guys (Rice and McCoy), it would have to be for a #1 WR and at least a decent #2 RB like Hightower, Fred Jackson, or Felix Jones.

Use Cam Newton as trade bait to strengthen your WR Corp. He should fetch a #1 WR to a QB weak team no problem.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.