Pre-NIX era

After seeing the recent news about Maybin's release, it seems very apparent that our current front office is on task with getting rid of as much of the previous roster as possible, and I don't blame them much. If you look back at the Polian era, a very similar cleansing occurred as well. Yes this time around Buddy has had more dead wood to purge, but with Lee Evans, Donte Whitner, Pozluzny, and Aaron Maybin gone, this team is slowly becoming one built with Buddy's vision in mind. Even if some of the guys that are gone this year have performed well at times, they still never were elite talents, and won anything of significance at any point in their careers. I can't say for sure if the team is better right this second with a few of these names mentioned gone, but they are definitely headed in a new direction, and that to me is a good sign.

After seeing the recent news about Maybin's release, it seems very apparent that our current front office is on task with getting rid of as much of the previous roster as possible, and I don't blame them much. If you look back at the Polian era, a very similar cleansing occurred as well. Yes this time around Buddy has had more dead wood to purge, but with Lee Evans, Donte Whitner, Pozluzny, and Aaron Maybin gone, this team is slowly becoming one built with Buddy's vision in mind. Even if some of the guys that are gone this year have performed well at times, they still never were elite talents, and won anything of significance at any point in their careers. I can't say for sure if the team is better right this second with a few of these names mentioned gone, but they are definitely headed in a new direction, and that to me is a good sign.

Nix has got subtraction down pat It's the additions that will make the Bills a better team. At the end of the day the additions have to exceed the subtractions in order to have a good team. The Bills have not excelled at signing good players faster than they lose them. The jury is very much out on the Nix regime.