effect of the lock-out on recent injury prone players

I briefly perused the stadium wall and didn't see anything quite on topic, so excuse me if it's already been mentioned.

Over the last few weeks I've wondered, in the wake of all the information coming in about the lockout and the lack of normal NFL regulations and rules during the lockout period, just how many of the older players wanted to drag out the lockout for more than just the reported Profootballtalk reasons (which were to make the lockout go into camp time so the rookies and younger guys couldn't replace the vets this year, thereby assuring some vets a new contract or another full season of salary) - well, my intuition here is in reference to a certain recent Bills linebacker, who despite his sizeable reputation has yet to produce anything for us, nor stay healthy virtually at all.

It's my thinking that a lot of these older, or injury prone vets might have taken advantage of the lack of oversight during this lengthy layoff to rejuice, so to speak. Now they are finally really "healthy".

Certainly it happened with some of them. I just hope the health isn't short lived, or liable to wear off as the season progresses.

I briefly perused the stadium wall and didn't see anything quite on topic, so excuse me if it's already been mentioned.

Over the last few weeks I've wondered, in the wake of all the information coming in about the lockout and the lack of normal NFL regulations and rules during the lockout period, just how many of the older players wanted to drag out the lockout for more than just the reported Profootballtalk reasons (which were to make the lockout go into camp time so the rookies and younger guys couldn't replace the vets this year, thereby assuring some vets a new contract or another full season of salary) - well, my intuition here is in reference to a certain recent Bills linebacker, who despite his sizeable reputation has yet to produce anything for us, nor stay healthy virtually at all.

It's my thinking that a lot of these older, or injury prone vets might have taken advantage of the lack of oversight during this lengthy layoff to rejuice, so to speak. Now they are finally really "healthy".

Certainly it happened with some of them. I just hope the health isn't short lived, or liable to wear off as the season progresses.

What are you trying to say?

I'm saying I hope Merriman isn't finally healthy because he was able to do, these past months, what he was doing years ago when he was successful, but won't be able to do any longer. From what I've read, players had no oversight in that regard these past months, and how long does something like that keep a player strong and healthy before it wears off?