UDFA bonuses are limited

UDFA bonuses are limited this year according to Ross Tucker:

END OF ARTICLE

However, one of the new rules in this new CBA -- which I don't really understand, and definitely don't agree with -- is that teams are limited to only doling out $75,000 total for these signing bonuses. Especially this year, with teams allowed to bring in 90 players for training camp, that dollar amount is very limiting.

Which means the more UDFA agents they bring in, the smaller the pie. The Bills used to bring in a lot of UDFAs and I am sure signing bonuses were a big reason why many took their shot in Buffalo.

I notice he is blaming all of the poor results on lockout - but does not put one word in for NFLPA pushed rule limiting number of practices with pads on during season.

The bad news is that we are headed toward the worst season -- or, at a minimum, the worst September -- of on-field NFL action (excluding the replacement players of 1987, of course) most people have ever seen.

The reduction of off-season work with many players saying they could get as good job done home with their trainers and many players holding mini-holdouts during training camp has been something the players have been pushing for a long time. Now we will see what happens when we have players who only practice barely part time.

Speaking of part time employees the referees used to use training camp as time to visit camps and provide instructions to players regarding rule changes. They will not get much time this year so I suspect penalties will go up and a certain player in Pittsburgh will blame his personal satan Goodell for that.

UDFA bonuses are limited this year according to Ross Tucker:

END OF ARTICLE

However, one of the new rules in this new CBA -- which I don't really understand, and definitely don't agree with -- is that teams are limited to only doling out $75,000 total for these signing bonuses. Especially this year, with teams allowed to bring in 90 players for training camp, that dollar amount is very limiting.

Which means the more UDFA agents they bring in, the smaller the pie. The Bills used to bring in a lot of UDFAs and I am sure signing bonuses were a big reason why many took their shot in Buffalo.

I notice he is blaming all of the poor results on lockout - but does not put one word in for NFLPA pushed rule limiting number of practices with pads on during season.

The bad news is that we are headed toward the worst season -- or, at a minimum, the worst September -- of on-field NFL action (excluding the replacement players of 1987, of course) most people have ever seen.

The reduction of off-season work with many players saying they could get as good job done home with their trainers and many players holding mini-holdouts during training camp has been something the players have been pushing for a long time. Now we will see what happens when we have players who only practice barely part time.

Speaking of part time employees the referees used to use training camp as time to visit camps and provide instructions to players regarding rule changes. They will not get much time this year so I suspect penalties will go up and a certain player in Pittsburgh will blame his personal satan Goodell for that.

I wonder if this is the reason some of the UDFA QBs did not choose Buffalo. I thought the Bills would be an attractive option considering we only have two QBs on the roster.