The "Rogue Scout"…

He also gave the Pats* an A. I'm sorry, but their draft was a C at best.

Thats funny you say that. Especially when NONE of the draft picks have set foot on the field in the NFL. Let the kids play before you grade them. "The Rogue Scout" should be spending its time grading the 2008 draft instead of the 2011 draft.

Thats funny you say that. Especially when NONE of the draft picks have set foot on the field in the NFL. Let the kids play before you grade them. "The Rogue Scout" should be spending its time grading the 2008 draft instead of the 2011 draft.

Why you make somewhat of a valid point, at the very least the Pats should have addressed their pass rush. What was the point of taking Mallet? Will he even see the field in the next 3 years? Face it, Bellicheat got cute

Why you make somewhat of a valid point, at the very least the Pats should have addressed their pass rush. What was the point of taking Mallet? Will he even see the field in the next 3 years? Face it, Bellicheat got cute

I hope our number 1 draft pick this year makes him see the field :devil: in a couple of ways.

I was thinking the same thing - how can any team have had "the best" draft when no one's even played yet? At best, we could say, "I liked this team's draft best, for this or that reason...".

I, too, liked Tampa's draft. Of course, that largely hinges on whether or not Bowers stays healthy and regains form, but considering many of the pre-draft websites had him going top 5-10, getting him and Clayborn was a great complement to their two D-tackles they took last year.

That is why I think Detroit might have had one of the better drafts, too, although this guy only gives them a what? D? Anyway, I'm all about accentuating talent, or multiplying it, by concentrating playmaking ability - because one elite aspect of a team can carry a team quite far if it is coached right - and with Suh, one of the best DT's to come out of college maybe ever, to then put Fairley next to him - man! Suh had 10 sacks as a rookie -from the tackle position! And Fairley's specialty is getting penetration! Man, that is going to be one tough team to game plan for. QB's are not going to want to face that team. If they can get a really solid DE or OLB to make teams concentrate on both the inside and the outside, it'll be fun to watch.

By the way, for all that Suh did and is, Darius got better power numbers in a pre-draft science exercise, so I imagine we'll be quite blessed to have him and K. Williams on the same line, too - and I happen to think Carrington is going to be one of the better 3-4 DE's, who looks to be capable of getting pressure as well... I like our D-line just as much as any in the league.

They are preseason grades. The grades are not about what they have done in the nfl, but how the project to turn out in the nfl.

that should go with out saying, that they aren't being graded on their nfl careers, they are being graded on their potential and what is expected of them.

They are preseason grades. The grades are not about what they have done in the nfl, but how the project to turn out in the nfl.

that should go with out saying, that they aren't being graded on their nfl careers, they are being graded on their potential and what is expected of them.

This guys is just evaluating the potential of the players the teams selected, not grading team needs.

Besides the fact that some fans here think you need a season to grade players, so that last year was supposed to be a wash because gailey and Nix were evaluating the players.

To the fans that think that Ryan Mallett was a wasted pick, every year half way thru the season some team is desperate for a QB and would be willing to give up a1st or 2nd to get one. Look what the Patriots got in return for a guy who had never taken a snap since high school in Matt Cassell. Not to mention the other factor, when was the last time Brady won a SB? Having someone behind him to push him might be just the thing to get him motivated back to SB form