My Gameplan against Cincy....

mtdoak

On Defense:

#1. Play the run. Stop Rudi Johnson. Play 8-men in the box if you need to. Put the pressure on Kitna to beat Buffalo through the air.

#2. Rough up the Cincy Wideouts. Every passing play, make sure they pay the price. Get them rattled.

#3. Try and confuse Kitna. Send alot of different packages at him, keep him guessing.

On Offense

#1. Run the ball. Commit to running the ball. This needs to be a ball control style game. McGahee could get 150 yards, 3+ TDs.

#2. Get Evans involved. Moulds will be double teamed. Evans should be able to break at least one long one.

#3. Make sure Bledsoe doesn't try to win the game on his arm alone. This is when Bledsoe gets into huge trouble.

I think the spate of injuries the Bengals have had coupled with the weather for tomorrow tilts this game decidedly in Buffalo's favor. I was more worried about the game a week ago than I am now and I usually get more worried the closer a game gets.

The Bengals will be short their starting QB, C, DE and 2 DBs. Furthermore, their backup Kitna is solid, however he does not have a particularly strong arm. With the cold and wind, he may have a hard time throwing.

Finally, with regard to the weather, the Bills have played numerous bad weather or wind games already this year (Miami, Arizona, Cleveland). They should be able to handle the weather without too much difficulty. I don't think Cinci has played in adverse weather yet this year.

On Defense:

#1. Play the run.  Stop Rudi Johnson.  Play 8-men in the box if you need to. Put the pressure on Kitna to beat Buffalo through the air. 

#2. Rough up the Cincy Wideouts.  Every passing play, make sure they pay the price.  Get them rattled. 

#3. Try and confuse Kitna.  Send alot of different packages at him, keep him guessing. 

On Offense

#1. Run the ball.  Commit to running the ball.  This needs to be a ball control style game.  McGahee could get 150 yards, 3+ TDs. 

#2. Get Evans involved.  Moulds will be double teamed.  Evans should be able to break at least one long one. 

#3. Make sure Bledsoe doesn't try to win the game on his arm alone.  This is when Bledsoe gets into huge trouble.

165818[/snapback]

I disagree on defense. Rudi Johnson is proving himself to be a one year wonder. Decent back, but nothing special. Buffalo's fron 7 should have no problem containing him. I do not think they should put 8 in the box. Leave the safeties in the backfield to help out the corners. If they are free to roam around back there, they should be able to get the picks.

Also, I don't think it's a good idea to get tricky and try to "confuse" Kitna. This is not some young punk coming in for his first start. He is a veteran in this league. We would have had bettter luck trying to trick Palmer.

I think we only use LB blitzes for most of the game. Sure, throw in a safety or CB blitz a couple of times to change things up, but more or less just play straight up defense.

It's very simple, our D is better than their O. Play the game, don't get tricky, and let our guys take care of things.

I disagree on defense.  Rudi Johnson is proving himself to be a one year wonder.  Decent back, but nothing special.  Buffalo's fron 7 should have no problem containing him.  I do not think they should put 8 in the box.  Leave the safeties in the backfield to help out the corners.  If they are free to roam around back there, they should be able to get the picks.

Also, I don't think it's a good idea to get tricky and try to "confuse" Kitna.  This is not some young punk coming in for his first start.  He is a veteran in this league.  We would have had bettter luck trying to trick Palmer.

I think we only use LB blitzes for most of the game.  Sure, throw in a safety or CB blitz a couple of times to change things up, but more or less just play straight up defense.

It's very simple, our D is better than their O.  Play the game, don't get tricky, and let our guys take care of things.

165966[/snapback]

Rudi Johnson is proving himself to be a one year back?!??! :)

Rudi Johnson is sixth in the NFL with 1,194 yards and on pace to break Corey Dillon's team record of 1,435 yards in 2000. He's done it averaging more than 22 carries a game, and he's done it against competition that includes six of the league's top-10 ranked defenses and playing Pittsburgh (No. 1) and Baltimore (No. 6) twice

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Rudi Johnson is proving himself to be a one year back?!??! ;)

Rudi Johnson is sixth in the NFL with 1,194 yards and on pace to break Corey Dillon's team record of 1,435 yards in 2000. He's done it averaging more than 22 carries a game, and he's done it against competition that includes six of the league's top-10 ranked defenses and playing Pittsburgh (No. 1) and Baltimore (No. 6) twice

165977[/snapback]

Hmmm.. can he stay 'on pace' against our run D??? :w00t:

Rudi Johnson is proving himself to be a one year back?!??! :w00t:

165977[/snapback]

Good, not great. Last year he was a force on that team. This year, they are not able to rely on him to get first downs. While he has played good defense, he has also had the pleasure of playing the Browns.