The Bills and the South...

As this board is well known for, the citizens are freaking out over the Twang Team of Nix and Gailey selecting players from their respective back yards. Some people are wigging out we have no Big Ten draft picks, others are relieved we didn't take another West Coast QB. Either way - the best thing to do is to look at our best teams, the 90s for you kids under 21, and see where everyone played in college to see if we aren't being just a tad bit irrational...

1.) Jimbo - sure, he's from PA, but he spent 4 years at Miami and then a few more in Houston. He hadn't played in PA type weather for almost 7 years before Buffalo.

2.) Thurman - I'm pretty sure Oklahoma State is fairly warm, although they can get some nasty weather in the Souther plains states. Let's not forget, he's from Houston, so my guess is the snow was new for him.

3.) Andre - went to college in PA, grew up right down the street. Yippee, now go make the HOF.

4.) Bruce - VT and grew up in Norfolk, VA not exactly known for its blustery winters

5.) Kent Hull - mississippi state, grew up in the same state. pretty sure he owned the lines up here all winter long

6.) jeff wright - from Cali, played in Missourri, This is a toss up, Mizzou can get some bad weather

7.) Conlan - he's an older, better version of Poz, from the same area and all. was good in any climate

8.) Biscuit - from Alabama, played at 'Bama. pretty sure thats considered the deep south

9.) DT - from cleveland, played at WVU, had special spider sense.

10.) mark kelso - played ball in Virginia at William and Mary, but is from PA. Still, spent 4 years in a "southern" school

11.) kenneth davis - from texas, played at TCU, deserved Schoebl-esque money for the comeback game

12.) house ballard - from bama, played in alabama.

i'm going to stop there. from my quick recant thats 8 guys who played an extended period in the south. pretty sure we don't need to freak out. the best football players the past 20-30 years have come from there...

Nix and Gailey are a good tandem. give it another year, .500 and a win over the jets/pats each would be a good goal for this season

I don't know what it's like to haul 320 pounds around all day, but I would imagine it's got to suck if you are playing football in 90 degree heat for half the season. I bet a lot of guys would be happy to play a couple cold games each year to get away from that heat.

As for not picking anyone from the Big Ten, that one is hard to figure out given the Bills glittering success in drafting guys in high slots from that conference in recent years. :rolleyes: