Position for Mainframe Technical Lead

BillsWatch

Note I am not associated with this position or recruiter (Jay Westbrook, jay.westbrook @ talentburst.com). I have never worked with recruiter before nor will I get season tickets if he fills position. Out of work and this was sent to me and it is not a match. It is amazing how little recruiters look at resumes before they send you positions.

I am hoping it will help someone in Buffalo or looking to work in Buffalo. I'd be applying if it was a match.

My name is Jay Westbrook and i work with TalentBurst. My Direct Client is looking for a Mainframe Tech Lead in Buffalo,NY. I came across your Profile on an online job board and am reaching out to see if you are interested in this position. Please carefully read the Job Description below, and if you would like to pursue this opportunity please email me an updated MS Word version of your resume and call me at (978) 422-9902 at your earliest convenience. I appreciate your time and look forward to hearing from you.

Mainframe Tech Lead

Buffalo,NY

Proficient in multiple programming languages

- Thorough knowledge of application development support software/hardware platforms

- Diverse technical background with mainframe/distributed computing environments

- Expert analysis and resolution for complex problems

- Excellent understanding of vendor hardware configurations/software concepts

- Ability to lead/participate in technical walkthroughs

----------Responsibilities----------

- Provide designs, specify information systems solutions w/highest level technical direction in developing new/existing programs to solve problems or enhancements. Acts as principal application designer for critical components/major modifications, effectively using analytical skills/technical skills/available technology/tools in the evaluation of client requirements/processes.

Provides sound technical solutions.

- Performs/oversees complex systems analysis, design/programming efforts.

- Provides high level analytical consulting/leadership in identifying & implementing new uses of information technologies to assist in meeting short term business goals/long term strategic objectives.

- Confers w/systems analysts/operations staff/IT staff in overall systems development direction from technical analysis to user acceptance testing. Prepares/reviews test data; executes detailed test plans. Performs required debugging.

- Evaluates/understands highly complex interrelationships & effects among programs/interfacing applications/platforms.

----------Soft Skills----------

- Excellent communication skills; ability to effectively present to Client audience

- Excellent analytical/organizational/time management skills; strong judgment