In a fantasy playoff game..

Rudyc80

You might be feeling down today because the NHLPA shot down the league's latest proposal. Don't fret. The league's offer to the NHLPA today (which was rejected) is the basis for the breaking of the union.

First and foremost: The players have always said "Don't talk to us about a cap, we'll reject it before we even look at it."

Then today, the owners submitted a proposal with a one hour presentation. The players took a break to talk it over for 2 AND A HALF HOURS!!!

Did they miss the part of the presentation that had a cap? Were they all dozing off? Did they just meet for the fun of it? NO. The players met for 2 and a half hours about a proposal that contains something they claim to have NO interest in.

Second: The rollback offered by the players is 24% on all salaries. The rollback offered by owners, is more of a progressive pay cut. Basically, Joe Sakic and Jaromir Jagr are asked to give back as much as 35% of their paychecks, while Chris Taylor and Andrew Peters give back ZERO. This is what will break the union.

Comparing the league's offer to the players:

Under the league's proposal 91.8% of the players would give back 24% OR LESS.

Think about that.

92% of the players in the union are going to see that the league will take 24% or LESS, and they can come back to play hockey.

Hypothetical: I'm a 4th line center who makes 1 million dollars a season. I look at Joe Sakic and realize that he'll take a 24% pay cut, ONLY IF I DO AS WELL. OR...Joe takes a cut, I stay where I am, and I get to play hockey.

92% of the players (none of them are getting paychecks) get to make MORE money this season under the league's proposal.

In addition to that. The NHLPA's proposal had the players taking home 56.6% of the total revenue. The league's counteroffer - 54%. Not too far off.

It's easy to think doom and gloom, but the lockout in 1994 ended in mid-January. Here we are in mid-December and if it were a boxing match, it might be called.

The owners with this proposal, just beat the snot out of the union, and we've still got half a fight left.

You might be feeling down today because the NHLPA shot down the league's latest proposal. Don't fret. The league's offer to the NHLPA today (which was rejected) is the basis for the breaking of the union.

First and foremost: The players have always said "Don't talk to us about a cap, we'll reject it before we even look at it."

Then today, the owners submitted a proposal with a one hour presentation. The players took a break to talk it over for 2 AND A HALF HOURS!!!

Did they miss the part of the presentation that had a cap? Were they all dozing off? Did they just meet for the fun of it? NO. The players met for 2 and a half hours about a proposal that contains something they claim to have NO interest in.

Second: The rollback offered by the players is 24% on all salaries. The rollback offered by owners, is more of a progressive pay cut. Basically, Joe Sakic and Jaromir Jagr are asked to give back as much as 35% of their paychecks, while Chris Taylor and Andrew Peters give back ZERO. This is what will break the union.

Think about that.

92% of the players in the union are going to see that the league will take 24% or LESS, and they can come back to play hockey.

Hypothetical: I'm a 4th line center who makes 1 million dollars a season. I look at Joe Sakic and realize that he'll take a 24% pay cut, ONLY IF I DO AS WELL. OR...Joe takes a cut, I stay where I am, and I get to play hockey.

92% of the players (none of them are getting paychecks) get to make MORE money this season under the league's proposal.

In addition to that. The NHLPA's proposal had the players taking home 56.6% of the total revenue. The league's counteroffer - 54%. Not too far off.

It's easy to think doom and gloom, but the lockout in 1994 ended in mid-January. Here we are in mid-December and if it were a boxing match, it might be called.

The owners with this proposal, just beat the snot out of the union, and we've still got half a fight left.

161641[/snapback]

Good post.

out of these 3 running backs...which 2 do you start?

Curtis Martin vs Seattle

Clinton Portis @ SF

Duece McAlister vs Tampa Bay

Id say Martin+Portis but would like your opinions!

161639[/snapback]

Pretty obvious, gotta be Martin and Portis!!

Think about that.

161641[/snapback]

That was good work, a thoughtful valuable post. Who are those people that say that title and text have to agree? :lol: