Opinion poll

Football or no football?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Will there be a full 16 game NFL season this year?

• Absolutely
    • Probably
    • Maybe (could go either way)
    • Probably NOT
    • No way

while it seems like there is a lot of time to still get a new deal done, neither side is willing to bend on several issues, and the owners are in good financial position to go ahead and shut down 2011, even without the TV money. In my view, i don't see them playing any games at all this year.

I'm curious what people think about the chances.

I'm thinking Probably NOT.

I really think a deal will get done before the draft , if not , very soon after. Once the players start hurting for money , the pressure on the NFLPA to get a deal done will be huge. I was listening to a local am sports talk radio down here in south florida (560 am) and a current nfl player ( can't remember his name for the life of me ) said that he's already been approached by teammates asking for loans.

I really think a deal will get done before the draft , if not , very soon after. Once the players start hurting for money , the pressure on the NFLPA to get a deal done will be huge. I was listening to a local am sports talk radio down here in south florida (560 am) and a current nfl player ( can't remember his name for the life of me ) said that he's already been approached by teammates asking for loans.

That's a pretty bold statment... How come these kids can't learn to save money when they make millions? I make peanuts and I've learned to save a dry roasted one or two....

:doh:

Edited by Little Buffalo