Todd Pinkston

bernie

i don't.

but i read a little bit ago that the reason he said he pulled up on it wasn't because he was afraid of getting laid out....but because he lost the ball in the lights.

this guy is so funny, he should do a Vegas act.

Here is Pinky's excuse:

-- Pinkston Explains Questionable Effort --

The Philadelphia Inquirer reports Eagles WR Todd Pinkston, who pulled up short on a long pass over the middle from QB Donovan McNabb on the Eagles' first play from scrimmage in Sunday night's 17-14 win over the Redskins, said he lost the ball in the lights. Replays showed Pinkston breaking away from Redskins SS Ryan Clark and running downfield to where McNabb was lofting a long ball on target. Pinkston was not there to catch it, though, after appearing to quit on the play as Clark closed in on him. "I lost the ball in the lights," he said. "I didn't see it until the last minute." At his news conference yesterday, HC Andy Reid defended Pinkston, who finished with three catches for 99 yards, including an 80-yarder. "I don't question Todd because Todd is a pretty tough guy," Reid said. "I don't worry about it at all. He sure came back strong and made some nice plays. He's been hit harder than anybody. It's not a matter of him being afraid of defensive players or a situation." Pinkston has 34 catches for 642 yards this season and is beginning to see more coverage on the field, Reid said.

I don't know which is worse....Pinkston making the excuse. Or Reid defending him.

it didn't look that bad on the highlights...maybe i just wasn't noticing something since everyone else did

160303[/snapback]

Oh, it was bad, all right. Stinkston flat out quit on that ball to avoid contact. He alligator-ed his body all the way. He's done that before and it's become an issue. He disappeared in the NFC title game vs. Carolina last year and the fear in Philly is he'll do it again in a crunch time situation this postseason.