Carimi to visit Bills

A draft of QB, RT, ILB wouldn't fill all the Bills' holes. But a draft of RDE, OLB, ILB wouldn't fill all the Bills' holes either. This team has too many holes to fill in just one draft. All they can realistically hope to do is to replace several inadequate players with solid guys, and ideally with game-changers.

Getting one of the better O-linemen in the draft, without or without a new QB, does enable the Bills to consolidate their strengths while Wannstedt/Edwards sort out whether to go 3-4, 4-3, or hybrid and then determine which players already on the roster fit the selected D scheme. It would be a huge mistake to draft a front seven player who may not fit into the system (especially if the labor issues this year shorten or eliminate training camp).

If the Bills took A.J. Green with the third pick, moved up into the lower first to get Carimi, Soldier, or Castonzo (or got one of them in the second round), that might not be such a bad thing. (This is assuming they don't see either Gabbert or Newton as franchise material).

It would be insane if they draft offense in two or more of the first three rounds. Rd 1 Defense line, Rd 2 LB, but OT is acceptable if Rd 3 is LB. I'd prefer DE/ DT - 1, DT or LB 2, DT or LB 3

I didn't mean to say they should go offense with several early picks, just that using one of their early picks on a right tackle, a QB or a wide receiver might be ok since, with the depth of defensive players this year, the other picks could still get them quality defensive players. It also would not be a shock to me if the Bills took this approach. Personally I would lean towards using #3 for defense. If Peterson is there at #3, my gut tells me they will take him as the BPA, which I could also live with.