how many of you that don't like us taking a corner at 3...

Drew026

You can watch some of his games here:

youtube.com/user/JoshMTD

Here's what I saw after watching him against Bama, Texas A and M and Auburn

Big, very fast, very good at keeping a receiver at the line.

On the other hand, I saw about 5 passes that were thrown in tight coverage to him. No ints, no pb's, 4 completions. That was actually disappointing for a guy that's supposed to be the best DB of the last decade. He can be beat with regularity on a comeback route.

In run support, his ability to get off a blocking WR is average. For a guy that's 225lbs...below average. He needs A LOT of coaching in that area..there were times watching him when I'm thinking "If I'm this guy's coach, I'm gonna be screaming at him on the sideline. Get off the damn WR and make the tackle!".

In taking angles and hitting, he's no Ronnie Lott, Troy P or Bob Sanders. He did get dragged 10 yards by Cam Newton though.

Someone in this thread made the Donte Whitner comparison in run support, and it isn't too far off.

I don't see him making our run game any better. In 3 games I saw 0 big plays.

6'1" DB's that run a 4.2 don't grow on trees, but he has a lot of work to do.

For a guy that runs a 4.2 and plays close to the line, you'd expect more plays at the LOS. For a guy 225lbs. you'd expect him to get off a WR better.

Thanks for the scouting report. That is excellent work.

I keep saying that I have watched him play many games and am not impressed and dont think he is a once in a generation, NFL ready DB to take with #3 overall. I keep getting CBssports links in response.

Peterson is far from a sure thing and has many ? in playing CB in the NFL.

People that have actually watched him play tend not to put him in the "BPA" ( like all the players line up in a row based on a magical scouting service's assessment, like the draft is a Madden video game "Just take the next guy in line, it's that easy") conversation.

I'd take him as a Safety in the mid to late first, the play where Cam drags him 10 yards down the field was impressive for Peterson he had to cover most of the field to try and make the stop. If it were a WR or RB he might have made the stop.

Edited by Why So Serious?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic