"Vince Newton"

Brad smith plays WR for the Jets. He was used more before they added Braylon Edwards and Homles. No reason not to use Cam in the WIldcat too. I just think thats where Newton will have the most success.

He is highly unlikly to decalare - I didnt mean it to sound like he wasnt eligible. He is a Jr that needs to stay in school to improve his skills and I think he knows that. If he is suspended that will force his hand.

There is too much smoke, he is going to leave before a fire breaks out, he'll declare. The consensus is he is more likely than Mallet to declare and they both have a year of eligibility left.

Cam Newton throws passes like an NFL quarterback does and must. Vince Young does not. That makes an enormous difference in the two. I think Newton would need at least a year or two to sit and learn the NFL game. But even if you took the running out of it, he would be a very good NFL developmental prospect. Luck is the only surefire QB out there. I would have no problem drafting Newton in the second round and letting him sit behind Fitz for a couple few years a la Aaron Rodgers.

What in THE HELL are you basing that crap " LUCK IS THE MOST NFL READY " LUCK need to sit three years just to get used to the NFL speed based on lack of NFL talent he has played against. Most of you people are a joke. You have Cam who plays against the best players in the country , conference ,is undefeated against the best players , can carry his team from behind against National Champion teams on their field and YOU TRY TO SAY HE ISNT WHAT.....NFL READY ? Luckily for me I am a football geek that happened to look at all games/tapes of Mallet,Locker ,Ponder ,Luck , and Newton. Luck,Ponder,Locker plays against garbage every week and on every test they have failed .Mallet at least plays against decent competition. THE ONLY NFL READY QB'S ARE CAM & LUCK .Dont let the color of his skin blind you to the facts..... 1) There is no sure fire QB pick 2)based on the competition played only one player has proved that he can carry a program against future NFL players on his back and win. I am sorry but when was the last time you heard about AUBURN WINNING other than when BO Jackson was there 20-25 yrs ago. So sorry my racially challenged readers your inability to look at facts as usual made your points useless. I understand the demographic here so I understand your reluctance. Oh you know who you are... You are the demographic that forgot that Rocky 1,2,3 & Hoosier was just a movie , make excuses for a rapist (Rothlesbeger),cater to a fallen idol(Farve) we make lots of excuses for people that look like us. The more talented players like Vick or Cam Newton we look for any reason...........and this Board has come up with some dumb ones..... We try to come up with anything to discredit the football facts. The reason I know is because I did it the past three years . I am sorry but the 50's, 60's, & 70's will never come back. The leaders that we so enjoyed looking at back then will never again look the same , so we have to get used to it. I now have no problem having Vick lead this team next year while Cam or Luck sit for a couple years because both will be gone in the first 5 picks. For the fitz lovers , I need a QB that throws to the correct people. I can't have a QB throw two picks every week putting us in the hole.