Travis Clown out is a blessing in disguise

4everBills

We now must find a solid backup. If that backup is as good or better than Travis, Travis will not be on this team in 2005. We absolutely keep Losman, Travis goes on IR, and our new backup will have a whole season behind him when Travis comes off. At that point, our new backup is familiar with our system and is better than Travis. Travis loses his job and cant go back to 3rd string (occupied by Losman).

You know that Losman is our 2 in 2005 assuming Bledsoe stays, Travis would probably be gone anyway and we would have a new 3rd stringer.

So, Travis on IR, Zolman as our 3rd, Losman waiting in the wings to come back when healthy, and a new 2nd stringer.

I think the Bills will go and get someone good assuming he cant have a long learning curve and probably will be cut after this season. I think the Travis situation makes us better because we stand to sign a better backup than Travis.

My thoughts are:

Not Redman- hasnt proven to be anything more than a 3rd stringer and we cant afford to sign a project especially with Losman as our future.

Rob Johnson- maybe a decent guy for this spot. We dont want his as our #1 EVER so then again maybe not, I dont see him coming up here anyway.

Rich Gannon- Would be perfect as a guy who doesnt have much life left but can play for a year.

Joe Germaine- played pretty solid when thrown in there with Warner hurt, maybe worth a look.

Doug Flutie- another perfect fit as a guy who is long in the tooth.

Drew Brees- would be a great long term backup, who is a marginal starter. That would mean Losman would have to go from #3 to #1 when Drews done, big jump Id like to see Losman as our #2 for a season before going to #1

Neil ODonnel- Give me a break, the guy has always sucked in my mind.

Brian Griese- same situation as Brees, would be a great long term backup

Tim Couch- same a Brees, and Griese

My pick is Drew Brees. Id love to land this guy, I think hes a decent QB on a crappy team that is badly mismanaged.

Akili Smith?

My pick is Drew Brees. Id love to land this guy, I think hes a decent QB on a crappy team that is badly mismanaged.

11195[/snapback]

Would cost to much $$$.

And Griese, he can't stay off the bottle long enough to learn any offense.

Would cost to much $$$.

And Griese, he can't stay off the bottle long enough to learn any offense.

11199[/snapback]

If Brees were cut I doubt he will command a big contract. it will be just prior to the season and most teams will have allocated their cap room, In addition, his new team will have to cut some QB they have making the team even if they have cap room, which many teams are not likely to do just prior to the season.

I think that the analogy would be the situation we found ourselves in with Lawyer Milloy that his late cut only surfaced a couple of bidders who had both cap room and the opening at the position.

I know if I were Brees I would be real interested in backing up Bledsoe because their in a greater than insignificant chance that I might be starting if he gets hurt or sucks.

I doubt that will be he case in most situations.

We now must find a solid backup

You're kidding, right? Where have you been, Mars?

What the Bills really need is a starting QB... that it where there is a huge hole on this team.

Do you really believe Bledsoe can QB the Bills or any other team to better than 8-8?