Trying to see a positive

Toledo Bill

I wouldn't be surprised to see Mularkey take over the duties of offensive coordinator. Head Coaches have taken over the duties before. I bet he would call a great game. Of course, the worry would be that his Head Coaching duties might suffer. I don't want Clements to leave, but just a thought in case he does.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Mularkey take over the duties of offensive coordinator. Head Coaches have taken over the duties before. I bet he would call a great game. Of course, the worry would be that his Head Coaching duties might suffer. I don't want Clements to leave, but just a thought in case he does.

152735[/snapback]

ummm, thats like saying "im glad my parents got divorced cause now Mommy is Daddy too!" i may be going out on a limb here but i think MM would DEFINITELY hire a new offensive coordinator. i understand youre trying to pull something positive out of Clements leaving but i dont even think its that big a worry right now.

ummm, thats like saying "im glad my parents got divorced cause now Mommy is Daddy too!"  i may be going out on a limb here but i think MM would DEFINITELY hire a new offensive coordinator.  i understand youre trying to pull something positive out of Clements leaving but i dont even think its that big a worry right now.

152738[/snapback]

it will only become a worry this season if he takes the job and leaves buffalo early, early as in before the seasons over

Guest Tom Clement's Mom
it will only become a worry this season if he takes the job and leaves buffalo early, early as in before the seasons over

152743[/snapback]

WHY would he do that? just to coach in the bowl game? i doubt that if he got the job he would leave his friend MM who brought him along and promoted him in the middle of the season. and regardless of friendship loyalty, i just cant see anyone leaving the NFL at this point of the season, to head to college at this point in their season.

I doubt Clements leaves before the 2004 season is over.  And to have a new head coach coach in a bowl game is just plain stupid!

152754[/snapback]

If Clements is the next ND coach he'll likely leave immediately. Putting together his new staff and RECRUITING - the lifeblood of the college game are why!

WHY would he do that? just to coach in the bowl game? i doubt that if he got the job he would leave his friend MM who brought him along and promoted him in the middle of the season.  and regardless of friendship loyalty, i just cant see anyone leaving the NFL at this point of the season, to head to college at this point in their season.

152750[/snapback]

im not sayin thats what he'll do but its happened in the past although i cant think of when and where, i dont think it would be to coach a bowl game but to get a jump on recruiting and to gather his staff

Guest Guest_eyedog_*
If Clements is the next ND coach he'll likely leave immediately. Putting together his new staff and RECRUITING - the lifeblood of the college game are why!

152765[/snapback]

Damn right he's leaving immediately. He couldn't afford to stay here another month. If he got the job tomorrow he might stay through Sundays game.