Childress Fined $35k For Comments About Officiating

Steely Dan

Link

...On Monday, Childress told the media that he spoke to Carl Johnson, the league's vice president of officiating, about the missed call.

"I was told this morning that that was a touchdown by Carl Johnson," Childress said. "He was disappointed to see that reversed."

That, apparently, is another no-no in the NFL...

Link

...On Monday, Childress told the media that he spoke to Carl Johnson, the league's vice president of officiating, about the missed call.

"I was told this morning that that was a touchdown by Carl Johnson," Childress said. "He was disappointed to see that reversed."

The 'NO FUN LEAGUE' continues to show what a closet institution it is. When I think back about Pete Rozelle and how he created fun through football with the result that professional football became our national game (I still will be tuned into the Series but don't follow each week's baseball games like I do the NFL.) I cringe that these current power brokers can't even accept the players enjoying their work and then they hide their mistakes behind their iron curtain!

Childress was right: the officiating sucked and blew 2 TD calls even with the benefit of replay/booth review; and Favre has to start playing better.

The guy on defense he needs to call out is Jared Allen; he's been awful this season.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Link

Guys do we really need sports page headlines as threads on hear, seems like a waste of time to me ! Is there a prize for who can post it first?