Mark Schlereth...

interesting....watch this video with Josh Cribbs, the other recipient of "evil" James Harrsion's hits.....

About the hit on him, and many helmet to helmet hits, he says exactly what I said about the hit on Massaquoi. A LOT OF TIMES, a pleayer preparing to hit another player does not know where the recipient's head is going to be at time of impact.....is he staying straight up, making a cut, or will he LOWER his own head?

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5715915

Edited by Arrogant Bastard

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Hey, ITG, You are WRONG about your point and how you make it!

Care to expound and provide reasoning, or maybe you just identify with my description and it hit a nerve. Too bad there's not a middle finger emoticon for me to insert here.

I will say, on his espn show this week, they sandwiched him between an air-headed info babe, and some moron who tries real hard to be funny. Schlereth looked like a God by comparison. I've still seen him emote like a chick too often to have much respect for the man though.

Edited by Rob's House

Schlereth in general is just too much of a pansy to be an anouncer. Not necessarily just for this but his general dispostion is a little too gay for me. His sensitive vagi-man schtick is better suited for the view.

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Hey, ITG, You are WRONG about your point and how you make it!

Care to expound and provide reasoning, or maybe you just identify with my description and it hit a nerve. Too bad there's not a middle finger emoticon for me to insert here.

I will say, on his espn show this week, they sandwiched him between an air-headed info babe, and some moron who tries real hard to be funny. Schlereth looked like a God by comparison. I've still seen him emote like a chick too often to have much respect for the man though.

Schlereth is not my favorite guy, but he played the game long enough and well enough to make it to the NFL. He brings a perspective that most of us won't ever have. You don't even have anything to bring to the table about his comments, his "general disposition" doesn't make your top ten. So, instead of having something to talk about you throw out hate-speech and playground smack-talk against a guy who you'll never meet. Then you take a moment to throw a couple other people under the bus. Try bringing something to the table, then we can talk about it.

I call you on your bully-child antics and you think using them against me is going to . . . what? . . . intimidate me? . . . ooooohhhh! And you want to flip me the finger! OUCH! . . . You're really not very good at this ITG thing, are you?

I grew up in the 60s and 70s in WNY using a lot of ignorant hurtful words and actions. But then I grew up and paid attention to the world around me. Using "gay" and "pansy" and "vagi-man" is 7th grade playground bully crap that adults ought to leave behind. Check out the news- kids are dying over this junk. Responsible or not, your words and actions have meaning. Misogynist, and homophobic bullying is part of the problem, not part of the solution. It needs to stop everywhere - even in the sacred circle of competitive sports - - even on anonymous tough guy sports forums.