The Helmet/Tackle Issue

Reading what all the former and current players have to say about this "issue" I can't help but think... "Is this going to make it even harder for a new players agreement?" The Harrison hit(s) and Robinson hit IMO weren't as ugly to watch as the Meriweather. But these guys are out there playing the game the way I was taught and I'm sure they were taught to play. Go out there and make a big hit. Now if you want to fine people for a hit that came with malicious intent, I'm all for and I would imagine most people would agree. You've got to look out for your employees well being, but if you're going to play this hard hit card, why not work something out in these huge contracts to make sure there is money set aside for retired players health when their done. Show you really care NFL. But when you want to fine guys for making "legal" hits, thats a problem. Also, I really think the second these guys slow it down to think about making a tackle the defense is going to vanish from the game and its going to look like basketball. Back to the original point, do you guys have a feeling (like myself) that this is just going to cause more of a problem towards a new agreement getting worked out?