Andrew Luck question

95altima12

Not for nothing, but Mark Sanchez was drafted top-5 with less than 1.5 seasons of playing.

He was a little different as his career was more spread out, but:

2005: redshirt

2006: backup - threw 7 passes

2007: backup - started 3 games when Booty was hurt

2008: 1st team starter

So an extra year, but over 1/2 a season less playing time when compared to Luck after this year.

It's rare, but not inconceivable. If you think the talent is there, sometimes you pull the trigger.

Please, please, please tell me how to do that

never mind, i just found it. but that is seriously awesome. thx big cat

Haha, asking somebody for the website for "let me google that for you." Ouroboros much? :thumbsup:

Just for fun, let's see what happens:

Haha, alas, the Internet did NOTexplode

Edited by The Big Cat

This is meant to be a thread saying we should not draft Luck or your dumb if we think he is the answer blah blah blah... I don't keep up with Colelge football much at all def a die heart Bills fan though. I was comparing the QB's coming out next year (yes i read about how Luck prob wont enter the draft) and I only see one year prior to this year of stats for him? So my question is do we really want a QB that's only played 2 years in college to be our guy? Am I missing something or is it normal for QB's to only play 2 years I though most all atleast played 3 and sometime 4 years befor being drafted. Thanks

unlike a lot of guys on this board IMO he will come out for a myriad of reasons and if he comes out he will definatly be the #1 pick.

IMO if we have the #1 pick he will be a bill and there's no doubt about that in my mind.

the kid has the IT factor in spades and is the best QB prospect to come out in many many years and i have watched the kid play a lot. he is already a fantastic QB and will start from day one no matter where he ends up.

Not for nothing, but Mark Sanchez was drafted top-5 with less than 1.5 seasons of playing.

He was a little different as his career was more spread out, but:

2005: redshirt

2006: backup - threw 7 passes

2007: backup - started 3 games when Booty was hurt

2008: 1st team starter

So an extra year, but over 1/2 a season less playing time when compared to Luck after this year.

It's rare, but not inconceivable. If you think the talent is there, sometimes you pull the trigger.

Yeah I knew someone would bring Sanchez up - I should have just give the very succinct reply that I often use - "Yeah? Name two."

Sanchez is that very very rare exception, and he was hardly ready to be a starter last season. I remember Pete Carroll being pretty pissed at Sanchez for declaring - Carroll & Sanchez both must have had a clue that the wheels were about to fall off at USC, as Sanchez came out early and Carroll resigned after the 2009 season.