back to the 4-3?

You're wrong. There will always be a low period for a scheme transition. Why not this lost season? What part of that crap defense we put on the field the past four years do you want back? That Tampa 2 crap that folded every 4th quarter? The part that gave up 3rd and long regularly? The sh*t run defense? Suck it up and make the change now.

Well multiple teams have won the super bowl in a tampa2 with bone crushing defense. To imply that the scheme itself was somehow flawed is absurd. Our defense folded in the fourth quarter a lot last year because they had been on the field substantially longer than the other teams' defenses. I suspect you have no clue what the zone chart would look like for a base tampa 2, or where the emphasis is in the defense, or even what the "2" means.

Makes sense 

Swtich to a 3/4, draft players to play a 3/4, then switch to a 4/3 mid season instead of allowing our players toblearn the 3/4, then switch back next year....and start all over again. This season is a wash. Stick with the gameplan and get the players we plan on keeping accustomed to playing it. Would be be better this year is a 4/3? I'd agree the answer is yes. But this year is a lost cause.

Since you claim we drafted guys to play the 3 - 4 than let them play they cant be any worse than the pitiful run defense we have seen so far. Plus what better way to see if they work in 3-4

I don't care what we do, as long as we get rid of George Edwards. If the best DC out there plays a 4-3, I don't see any major problem in switch back to it, as we've done such a piss-poor job acquiring talent for the current scheme. The players we brought in for the 3-4 or Dwan Edwards, Andra Davis, Torrell Troup, and Alex Carrington. Troup can join Kyle Williams in the middle, and Dwan can play LE while we search for a RE. Carrington's not a huge committment and Andra Davis can play inside or add depth. I'm not concerned about that level of investment.

we ran the 4-3 all day today. Maybe you should watch.

Yeah, my post was before the game, so looks like Chan was thinking the same thing (not that its anything to be proud of). I just watched the game on NFL Game Rewind. To start it looks like it was Stroud, Troup, Williams and Edwards up front with Kelsay, Poz and Davis at LB. It scares me when I see Kelsay away from the Line of scrimmage. Maybe they can work Kelsay into the front and have Ellison back at LB covering people.

Also I hope they make Flacco beat us next week. I'm fine with giving up pass yards next week since the run defense is so bad. Force Willis to run against 8 guys in the box and blitz Flacco to actually try and get a sack.

• 2 weeks later...