RUN DEFENSLESS

At least they would get some on the job training with a chance to improve.

and a chance to get injured... and a chance to have their confidence eradicated... and a chance to absorb the loser mentality...

i'm only being half-serious, i do think real game time experience generally improves players, but at the same time i can easily see throwing some of these guys into the fire will just get them burned.

maybin, on the other hand, i think should get as much PT as possible this year. IF the talent really is there (i doubt it), getting tossed around might spark something in him. If it doesn't by the end of the year, cut him.

George Edwards is totally lost and way in over his head. That starts with the FO. First they hire a GM with no GM experience. He hires Chan Gailey as HC. OK, I get that. Gailey does have HC experience on the collegiate and pro level. But, then Gailey hires a DC with no DC experience. If you're serious about winning you go after a guy that has had some measure of success as a DC at the pro level. He did not do that, so he has no one to blame but himself. And, Nix did not discourage or prevent him from hiring an experienced DC, nor did Ralph Wilson. So, both Raplh and Nix are complicite in where we are today with this sad excuse of a football team. I thought the last couple of years were bad... this is takeing three steps backwards from last year.