What players have a place on this team?

timba

I would keep

Offense

QB

Fitzpatrick - as a backup in the future, and as a stop gap for now. Fitz shows that he cares and he always tries to make plays. He's not the best player on the field, but is a good backup.

RB

Spiller - Lots of potential and we've seen some flashes of it already. Definitely a guy who needs to be around in the future.

Lynch - Has had some big games, 1,000yd back a couple years ago, and a pro-bowler. He's shown he can do it and just needs the chance.

Jackson - 1,000yd back last year, over 2,000 all purpose yards. He's not the flashiest player but gets stuff done.

FB

McIntyre - He makes a lot of tackles on Special Teams (former DE) and does an OK job in run blocking.

WR

David Nelson - I love the looks of this kid every time I see him on the field. He needs more reps and has a future on this team.

Roscoe Parish - He's already making a bigger impact this year that he has in past seasons. The more Roscoe I see the better.

Line

Andy Levitre - Has looked OK this year but needs to use better technique to gain leverage against bigger players.

Eric Wood - Hasn't been as impactful this year as I hoped. Has had some more holding penalties called this year. Has shown enough to stick around.

Geoff Hangartner - Has been far from the problem on the line, but I believe his 'ceiling' leaves him as a backup in the future.

Defense

Line

Dwan Edwards - Our best lineman against the run, but that's really not saying much. He did get 11 tackles this past week, which is ridiculous for a 3-4 DE. He hasn't done anything outstandingly bad that makes me believe he shouldn't be on this roster.

Kyle Williams - Relentless player, but not a NT. I think he'd be better off as a 3-4 DE. Has more penetrating ability than anybody else on the line right now.

LB

Paul Posluszny - He IS the most talented of our LB core. If only he could be relied on to not get injured. Makes a lot of tackles but they mostly seem to be downfield (London Fletcher anyone).

CB

Leodis McKelvin - It's his third year (if you want to count his injured 2nd) and he makes a lot of plays. He's a risk taker and can be beat on the double move (see the TD pass to Edwards last week).

Terrence McGee - Just a straight up solid CB. He's not particularly great but neither is he a liability when on the field.

Drayton Florence - Very physical corner but is also prone to get holding calls on him.

S

Jairus Byrd - Had lots of picks last year, but hasn't shown the knack for getting the pick so far this year. Below average tackler. Once he fully recovers from his groin injury I think he'll get back to what he was last year.

Bryan Scott - The most physical of the safties. OK in pass coverage and solid against the run. Not the fastest guy but always seems to be around the ball.

George Wilson - Another guy who's just a gamer. Always seems to do well when he's in.

ST

Brian Moorman - Still the best player on the team.

Ryan Lindell - He's as reliable as it gets in the league.

Donald Jones - He makes tons of special teams plays. Reminds me of Sam Aiken. I wasn't sure about this when he made the team, but he really does well.

Guys who could have a place

Offense

QB

Brian Brohm - He looked OK in preseason despite not getting into the endzone. Wouldn't mind seeing what he has.

TE

Shaun Nelson - Want to see him on the field and see if he can be the receiving threat that we all hope he can be. If not, ship him.

David Martin - Who? Well he caught a TD last game. I thought he was going to trip before catching the ball.

WR

Lee Evans - He needs to start playing like he cares again. Last game was almost as disgraceful as some of the performances TO put up last year. Play or GTFO.

Steve Johnson - He has scored a couple TD's in the last two games, but he also drops balls like crazy. A little more consistency with his hands and he can stay.

Marcus Easly - He was looking good before he got injured. We won't be able to see him until next year. I'm looking forward to it.

Line

Demetrius Bell - I think he'll be a solid backup. Too injury prone to be a starter and really haven't seen anything to make me think 'he's our solution' at T.

Craig Urbik - Haven't noticed him on the field yet, but have liked what I've heard. I want to see him in action.

Cordaro Howard - I haven't noticed a dropoff when he steps in and plays, but I want to see him do better than that with this poor line.

Ed Wang - Has been injured, but I want to see what he's got.

Defense

Line

Alex Carrington - he's a 3rd round pick who saw his first action last game. Get him more reps and time to improve and lets see if he's worth keeping.

Torrell Troup - 2nd round pick from the last draft. I've seen him get put on his rear end a couple times last game. I want to see him improve his technique and use that big body. Again, more reps to see if he will improve.

LB

Arthur Moats - He finally got moved over to OLB last game and goes and gets injured. When he gets back get him on the field. He's got the size for that position. Let's see if he's got what it takes. Another young guy where more reps will only help.

Danny Batten - IR'd pick from the last draft. Didn't hear much about him but that doesn't mean he's any worse that what we've already got. We'll see starting next year.

Chris Ellis - I think he looks better at OLB than he did at DE. Would like to see him on the field a bit more.

GET OUT

Offense

QB

Levi Brown - I'm not sure what is seen in this guy. He didn't look good in preseason and didn't even make it onto a PS. Not sure why he's back.

TE

Jonathon Stupar - He's not great at blocking and has mastered running 2 yard routes. Next please.

Line

Cornell Green - GET THE F#$% OUT!

Jamon Meredith - Whenever he comes in, he gets beat. Backup version of Green.

Defense

Line

Marcus Stroud - Overpaid and underperforms at a new position. Send him off so he can hopefully finish his career in a position he's ok at.

Spencer Johnson - He doesn't do much that I like. Doesn't get injured at least.

John McCargo - He's an invisible man on this roster. Doesn't do anything to keep a spot on the roster.

LB

Chris Kelsay - GTFO

Akin Ayodele - His brief stay has been long enough. Let him fill this year and then move on.

Keith Ellison - Small for a LB. Doesn't have enough in his hits to stop guys who are smaller than him. Doesn't shed blocks.

Reggie Torbor - FA pickup who hasn't done anything.

Aaron Maybin - Maybe he should be up in the 'might have a place' group, but I really can't give myself a reason why. He doesn't do squat against the run, and gets eaten alive by anybody blocking him in passing situations.

Antonio Coleman - Frankly I haven't seen him much. That should say a lot after seeing who's in front of him.

CB

Reggie Corner - Just doesn't seem to be aware on the field. Always near the guy but never makes the play.

Ashton Youboty - He's been around and injured for his career. Let me know if he's done something to stay. I don't think he has.

S

Cary Harris - He's in a very deep position on the team, and doesn't see the field. I think he'd be better off on the PS.

ST

Garrison Sanborn - He does his job well, but can't somebody else on the line do this?

That's my take on these guys. Stupid LBs.

OK didn't realize how long that turned out to be...

Summary

KEEP: Ryan Fitzpatrick, CJ Spiller, Marshawn Lynch, Fred Jackson, Corey McIntyre, David Nelson, Roscoe Parish, Andy Levitre, Eric Wood, Geoff Hangartner, Dwan Edwards, Kyle Williams, Paul Pos, Leodis McKelvin, Terrence McGee, Drayton Florence, Bryan Scott, George Wilson, Jairus Byrd, Donte Whitner, Brian Moorman, Ryan Lindell, Donald Jones

On the Bubble: Brian Brohm, Shaun Nelson, David Martin, Lee Evans, Steve Johnson, Marcus Easley, Demitrius Bell, Craig Urbik, Cordero Howard, Ed Wang, Alex Carrington, Torrell Troup, Arthur Moats, Dan Batten, Chris Ellis

GET OUT: Levi Brown, Jonathon Stupar, Cornell Green, Jamon Meredith, Marcus Stroud, Spencer Johnson, John McCargo, Chris Kelsay, Akin Ayodele, Keith Ellison, Reggie Torbor, Aaron Maybin, Antonio Coleman, Reggie Corner, Ashton Youboty, Cary Harris, Garrison Sanborn