Ex-Bill Schobel works out for Texans but elects to stay retired

BillsFanInLV

My link

"Part of me wanted to do it," Schobel said Tuesday. "It wasn't meant to be. We couldn't agree on terms. They saw me for what I am today and not for what I can be. It's over."

We should invite him back and offer to pay him for what he can be which is: the best pass rusher /linebacker /defensive lineman on our team (even out of shape)!

Edited by Chris in Syracuse

We should invite him back and offer to pay him for what he can be which is: the best pass rusher /linebacker /defensive lineman on our team (even out of shape)!

He needs to just retire and we need to start playing our younger guys. Why would we bring back an average defensive lineman who would have to shift to linebacker; a brand new position in which he never played before? And for what 1 year??? Besides Schobel would never come back to an 0-3 team.

My link

"Part of me wanted to do it," Schobel said Tuesday. "It wasn't meant to be. We couldn't agree on terms. They saw me for what I am today and not for what I can be. It's over."

If he really wanted to play, he could have found a way to agree on terms. This is a guy who thinks he is better than he is.