Levi Brown signed

K Gun Special

According to Levi he was upset that he "didn't even get a practice squad invite". Where did you hear different?

From Profootballweekly.com:

A day after releasing their opening day starting QB Trent Edwards, the Bills replaced him on the roster by signing QB Levi Brown. Originally their seventh-round pick out of Troy, Brown was cut at the end of training camp despite a solid preseason. He refused a spot on the team's practice squad, but appears to be happy to return as their No. 3 QB.

Edited by mowisc

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's definitely the only place where it's being reported that way. The National Football Post posting Levi's own words via Twitter:

"NEVER woulda guessed id be in this position right now," Brown wrote on his official Twitter account. "Not even a practice squad invite. i've now officially gone from surprised to pissed! .."

Maybe something changed after other roster moves but it was never reported. Then again, practice squad moves are usually only made public when a player has definitively been added or removed.

I read the same thing--however I have read PFW for years and generally respect what they do over there since they are one of the few sites that does not regurgitate ESPN babble.

I'm inclined to believe them as well, if for no other reason than the fact Nolan Nawrocki actually offered an opinion on an under the radar player like Levi Brown and his possible fit in Buffalo under Gailey. Evidence of actual reportage, IMHO.