Bills 2010 - My Top Ten

symbiant

1) We really miss Aaron Schobel. He made our secondary a lot better. Pressure usually does.

2) 3 biggest holes: Passer, Protect the passer, Rush the passer

Unfortunately, most teams need the same and so the best prospects are taken in round 1. Can we get 3 mercy 1st round picks please? Gonna be a few years methinks.

3) Our defense is not as good as we like to think it was. Maybe we held opponents to close scores only because they didn't need to do too much to beat us and we were just... practice dummies. The opposite of running up the score = just do barely enough to beat the bills.

4) We got what we asked for... we wanted trent to throw more downfield. Fitz came in and did what we wanted and (gasp) converted a 3rd and long, only to lose the game later on an INT. More hope, same results, same disappointment.

5) Ralph is not going to open up the checkbook when we are this bad. Nobody else in his position with real dollars at stake would either. That would be the same as flushing money down the toilet. I do think he'll open it up if he thinks we have a shot at being playoff contenders again.

6) Methinks Chan did a good job building up trent's confidence in the offseason to see if that was all he needed to get to the next level. (See yelling at fans in practice.) Apparently, it's not a confidence issue and they cut bait quick. Due up: A.Maybin.

7) Much like Reggie Bush, CJ Spiller is a very expensive decoy. We need more than decoys unfortunately.

8) Bills have made many attempts to get the QB, OL, DL in round 1 in the past decade. Lots. Claussen ~ Losman. Bulaga ~ Williams. We took Spiller because he's at a position where we can actually scout properly.

9) Where are the turnovers on defense? Need... pressure... badly... Why not put in Troup and Carrington to see if spark more pressure on the QB?

10) I think there is little doubt we will take an elite QB in round 1 next year, possibly unintentionally, yet intentionally tanking this season to make it happen.

Edited by symbiant