Where would you draft Bills QBs?

silvermike

Looking over the draft history and our chances of getting a QB, I'm trying to figure out where it'd be worth drafting a QB as good as some of our previous ups and downs. How good a QB do you need to take a #1 overall? Top 5? Top 10? So I can't extend this list back behind Kelly, but let me know what you think of the Ferguson/Kemp era. I'm imagining this in the context of last year's draft, just to give a sense of scale. And of course, these players would all be 23 year old rookies, not their elderly selves.

Jim Kelly: #1 overall. Is there any question? Are there any hall of fame QBs who wouldn't be worth picking #1 overall?

Frank Reich: 2nd round pick. This one is tough to gauge, given the fact that he played well as a backup on a great team and average on some mediocrities. Still, I'm willing to bet high.

Todd Collins: 4th round pick. A well-respected career backup, I think a 4th rounder would be worth it, even if he never started a game.

Alex Van Pelt: Undrafted. Just like real life.

Rob Johnson: Undrafted. Yeah.

Doug Flutie: 3rd round. He ran out of tricks in Buffalo before he got too old, but he'd be an interesting roster choice, and hard to pass up once we're out of day two.

Drew Bledsoe: Top 5. Unlike Flutie, I think his decline was based on age in Buffalo, and 2002-2004 Bledsoe was still the best post-Kelly QB we've had. 1993-2004 Bledsoe is a guy who won two AFC championship games and ran up gaudy stats with few receivers better than Troy Brown. Give Drew Bledsoe, in his prime, the Moss/Welker combination and he'd be a legend.

JP Losman: Undrafted. Sadly, terrible.

Kelly Holcomb: 6th round pick. Backup's backup who might be able to come in and not botch a game for you.

Trent Edwards: 7th round pick/UDFA. I'm right on the line here.

Ryan Fitzpatrick: 7th round pick. He's a backup, and it's worth having those sometimes.